PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 825i

dieselsmith
01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Here are a couple of pics of my 825i. P&P package, deluxe cargo box, bumper cover lights, cheaper adventure lights, deluxe light kit and soon to have rear protection package-(trading poly roof for it) I have about 16 hours on it as of today, right around 70 miles. Extended warranty too. I liked the camo alot but there is something about JD green and yellow!

m38inmaine
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Looks great, I noticed JD has raised the price for the bighorn tire package from $489 to $599. I bought the extended warranty as well, for such little cost it was a no brainer.

dieselsmith
01-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah it was 599, I wonder if you get the free tires and wheels if you could just pay the 599 for the Bighorns and alloys? If so you could have 2 sets of wheels and tires for just the cost of the Bighorns. I was thinking about seeing if I can just pay 250 and get the high back seats. I just picked up the roof and it looks stupid so i'm going to trade it back to the dealer for the rear protection package package I think. I was fortunate the dealer was selling me the goodies at his cost so the 400 dollar roof was like 320. There is a 20% mark-up on all that stuff. He sold me the extra year of warranty for 120. I'm wondering if I can add another year?

m38inmaine
01-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I purchased the extended 3 year plan for $249., it includes pick up and delivery for warranty repairs, handy since I'm 3 hours away from the dealership.
The only reason I sold my 09 Ranger to purchase the JD was the deluxe cab. All the other cabs looked boxy and ugly. The Kubota has a very nice cab but not much of an off road performer. When JD announced the 825 I was sold and now could have an off road performer with a nice cab. Working shift work I can't always pick my weather, this way I can go any time in comfort.

dieselsmith
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I bought mine because i'm a JD nut. I have a 07 JD 3120 compact with a loader backhoe brush hog and a mid mount mower. I also have a JD X495 diesel garden tractor. I actually bought the 620i Gator I had before to resell it and make a few bucks but I liked it and the new ones came out. 1 test drive and it was all over and they gave me 1,700 more on trade than what I paid for it so it was a no brainer. I've had 2 700 Rhinos before and really didn't care for them either.

dieselsmith
01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
This is what I came out to this morning after the dog has been out running around. I guess riding in the bed is not good enough anymore!

flyinlow402
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
This is what I came out to this morning after the dog has been out running around. I guess riding in the bed is not good enough anymore!

Sometimes the four-legged accessories are the best ones to have.

WOEII
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
:Rofl: Good doggie! :cool:

dieselsmith
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Bad doggie if she tears the seats. I don't know how she gets up there anyways-she's old. I found her in the bed one day too and the Gator is backed over in the corner of my garage!

dieselsmith
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I have the roof and rear protection package on it now too. Its got just about every option but the cab. What other accessories are there? I did add another year of the warranty so now I have 3 full years total. For 250 bucks that warranty is well worth it especially since this is a new motor. Thats cheap insurance. I'm sure I can break 250 bucks worth of parts in 3 years to get it to pay for itself.

m38inmaine
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Windshield, windshield wiper, windshield washer, interior light, sun visor, heater, doors, sound reduction kit, winch, rear work lights, front work lights, directional lights, horn, dual gun scabbards, deluxe bed tool box, under box tool box, front cargo rack, bed extension, floor mats, front/rear cv guards, emergency beacon,...... to name a few. Some are "unadvertised" and can be found in the parts manual.

dieselsmith
01-21-2011, 01:21 AM
I have the directonal lights (turns and 4-ways), floor mats, lots of lights but I see where you are going. What parts manual? Where are these un-advertised goodies? A lot of that stuff I don't really want. The cab with glass doors would be nice but just cant justify the cost nor the replacement cost of the doors if they got broke in the woods. If I had only open fields I would toss the cab idea around. Same reason I don't have a cab on my JD compact, I take it in the woods. Trust me, I would love the a/c for brush hogging and heat for snow but the thought of breaking those doors...... I've had 2 700 Rhinos and a 620i before this one and never really needed a windshield. I just use safety glasses for the most part.

2005HPX
01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I got one for ya. Do you ever go back in the woods and need both your tractor and Gator and your by yourself?

If you have the front receiver on your Gator, make one of these. I had a 1 7/8 drawbar (got it from somewhere, farm sale I think) and went and bought a trailer coupler (2'), the cheapest you can find. I just bolted it up.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/P1020406.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/P1020405.jpg

Then on my JD 2520 (compact tractor) I took a truck hitch, cut it up and built this hitch for the 3pt. Now all I have to do is put the Gator in N, release the parking brake, lower the 3pt, back up and hitch up, lift the front tires of Gator off the ground and go. (No pics of it all hooked up) BTW, I didnt just build the tractor hitch just for the Gator, it was built before I even got this gator.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/P1000215.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/P1000456.jpg

dieselsmith
01-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I like that idea, just drag it with you!

2005HPX
01-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I like that idea, just drag it with you!

Yep, your very own tow truck-tor.

WOEII
01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I got one for ya. Do you ever go back in the woods and need both your tractor and Gator and your by yourself?

If you have the front receiver on your Gator, make one of these. I had a 1 7/8 drawbar (got it from somewhere, farm sale I think) and went and bought a trailer coupler (2'), the cheapest you can find. I just bolted it up.

Then on my JD 2520 (compact tractor) I took a truck hitch, cut it up and built this hitch for the 3pt. Now all I have to do is put the Gator in N, release the parking brake, lower the 3pt, back up and hitch up, lift the front tires of Gator off the ground and go. (No pics of it all hooked up) BTW, I didnt just build the tractor hitch just for the Gator, it was built before I even got this gator.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj102/NEWT92/P1000456.jpg
Great idea! :Chers:
And I got all the parts! :cool:

m38inmaine
01-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Here is a link to the parts manual, http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePa geServlet_Alt just type in 825 in the search and it will bring it up.

dieselsmith
01-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Oh, that parts manual!