PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about the 1999 6x4 gator with the Kawasaki engine?

John.klink
03-05-2011, 02:33 AM
does anyone know about the 1999 6x4 gator with the Kawasaki engine? Is it a w wheel 2 rear axel drive and does the bed dump or is it stationary

WOEII
03-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the Gator forum! :Chers:
I put this post in a section where it's more visable for you. :Thmup:

gatorxuv620i
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi, first off welcome to the gator forum, glad to have ya. Secondly I own a 99' 6x4 gator so allow me ellaborate about it alittle. The question about the bed... There should be a lever behind the drivers seat, push it toward the passenger seat and lift and it should open OR if it has a power bed lift the switch is located on the left side of the dash. Top of the switch is raise and the bottom is lower. Now for the wheels driving, when your in 2wd one side of wheels will always drive and when your in 4wd all four wheels in the back drive at the same speed. The front wheels dont drive at all, just for steering. If its in 4wd youll find it alittle interesting to turn since theres hardly any weight in the front. Ill make a video demoing it this week and put it on YoutTube. Ill post the link when I get r on here. Check out some of the pics of myne.

gatorxuv620i
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Alright man, got the video made and on YouTube. Click the link I put here and take a gander at it and let me know if you have any questions as I would be happy to answer them!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skUijXPSZg

WOEII
03-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Alright man, got the video made and on YouTube. Click the link I put here and take a gander at it and let me know if you have any questions as I would be happy to answer them!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skUijXPSZg

Awesome Vid! :Chers: :cool:

We gotta make Jakie the official Gator forum mascot! :BG: :Thmup: Loves them Gator rides! :lol: :cool:

gatorxuv620i
03-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Heck ya bud:Thmup:!! lol:IAgre:

gatorxuv620i
03-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Everyone has got to check this out!!!! Its by far the baddest 6x4 Ive ever seen!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Deere-Gator-6x4-SUPER-Trail-LIFTED-7-5-modified-/260756195233?pt=Ultility_Vehicles&hash=item3cb647c7a1

John.klink
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
thanks I just bought one online while i was in Afghanistan. it has 600 hours on it. i hope it runs well.

Can you get a winter cab for it?

gatorxuv620i
03-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes sir you can!! Curtis makes alot, i mean ALOT of cabs for gators. Heres a link to their website http://www.curtisindustries.net/JohnDeereGator-6x4-4x2/

or im sure if you googled cab for 6x4 gator theirs probably loads of manufactures who make em. Depending on if you want hard or soft sided cabs will vary the price a bit. I like the hard cabs, holds the heat in better. Soft if more of a wind breaker and to keep the snow and stuff off of ya.

CRASH
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I was just given a 1998 unit that has been "stored" for 5 years. Your video answered a ton of my questions, thank you. What I can't find is what type and how much oil for the transmission/gear box. I bought the technical manual and that doesn't list it.

Finding info on the FD620 engine is easy. Question I do have is the stator. The one I have is bad and if i can make this thing run, will go buy a new one and then put some effort into it. Is there anything special I need to know there? Also you mention 2000 hours on your gator in the video ... what is life expectancy if taken care of? Mine has a bit over 1800. I live on 5 acres of redwoods and plan to use it to haul wood up and down the hill as well as trekking up to the neighbors for a beer.

Thanks again, I have a feeling you guys will see me around here a bunch.

Dan

purplewg
06-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Awesome Vid! :Chers: :cool:

We gotta make Jakie the official Gator forum mascot! :BG: :Thmup: Loves them Gator rides! :lol: :cool:

I saw your video WOEII. They let you drive along the highway where you live? Down here they will ticket you and sometimes make ya tow it from where they stop you. Sucks. Liked your first song, second one sucked. lololololol

tsled
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
New to the forum,does anyone how to pull the primary clutch? do i need a puller:Wlys:

chadsrepair
02-02-2012, 12:33 AM
hi gatorxuv620i, my 99 6x4 has no spark at plugs? i have no volts in or out of the cdi, i have no volts at the coils, and there is nothing at the pickups while cranking either? it was running great until a buddy put a new battery in it, so i was thinking fuse, well i can only find one inline fuse and it is good, i did find three fuseable link wires coming off the starter and they are all good? i was thinking cdi at first but it has to have voltage to it to work, the pickups? whats the chance they both go at once? no voltage to either coil? the key switch is fine? i tried to dfind a schematic for it and the only one i find is for the th model and dont even show pickups on it? i am at a loss as to where to go? do you have a schematic ? or do i have to go to deere? thanlk you very much and this is a awesome site im glad i finnally found it.

Regulator
02-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Chadsrepair....I'm gonna ask a really dumb question so play along with me on this....are you sure that the battery was hooked up correctly when installed, meaning negative to the ground cable and positive to the red cable???....sorry for asking but sometimes something simple like that is easily overlooked....also, are you sure the battery is good, and doesn't have a bad cell in it???...just because the battery is new, doesn't mean it isn't faulty or junk right from the git-go...I own a trucking company and we have bought many good name brand batteries that had a bad cell from the factory....

Dammitt....after re-reading your symptoms, I see you mention about it cranking....so, that throws out my crossed cables on the battery fix....if it's cranking, that probably throws out the bad cell theory too, but just make sure that the battery is putting out the proper voltage useing a load tester on the battery itself...if the proper voltage isn't coming out of the battery, I imagine it could cause a few of your symptoms....

Sorry for rambling on before I re-read your problem again...there's a bunch of great guys on here who will surely throw a few more suggestions out to you for a fix...good luck getting it figured out!!!

Larry in MD :Jestr:

nymariner1
03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I would have like to view this video, but it's gone now. :(
Have you a close up pic of the dash board handy? Mine came with no lable surrounding the warning/information lights. IE: The far right I think means 4WD is engaged, the 2 far left are on when running, but don't know what they mean??? The second from right has never lighted??
Thanks,
Larry.. from NY