PDA

View Full Version : Hey deiselsmith, fuse question.

number3shot
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Seems like I recall with all the lights on your 825i, you were told to change the key switch fuse from 15 to 20 amp.
Am I right? Thanks.

dieselsmith
04-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Thats right, thats what JD says to do. Apparently too much juice flows through there after you are all lit up.

jonny2guns4u
04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Which Fuse for what Lights please.

I usually read all the Installation Manuals through and through and I didn't see anything about changing any fuses. I have added the Adventure Light Kit and I am in the process of adding 2 sets of Mid-Range Light Kits and I have not read anywhere to change a Fuse...yet. Of course like I said I am in the middle of installing the Mid-Range Kit. I have the Light Switch Kit and all the wiring run. I have not drilled the holes in the Roof and installed the Lights yet.

Forgive me guys, I've been really sick and didn't read carefully. I see now which Fuse. I guess the question should have been was it in a Installation Manual or did JD just suggest it because of multiple Light Kits?

number3shot
04-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Thats right, thats what JD says to do. Apparently too much juice flows through there after you are all lit up.

Thanks man.

dieselsmith
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
The first 15 amp key switch one. Actually leave the 15 in and see how long it takes to blow with all the lights. Mine blew when I was in 4X4, reverse and every light was on.