PDA

View Full Version : XUV alternator

gatorxuv620i
04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Is the alternator on these gator like moisture sealed compared to the regular ones cars and trucks use. I ran it through some water in the creek the other day and its got a little bit of a whine/ squeal to it idling now. Thinking it might not like water lol:lol:

gatorxuv620i
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Well just outta curiosity I got on JDparts.com and decided to see how much an alt costs. Myne has the Heavy 60amp alt cause of all the accessories..... :hsu: $370!!!!!!!!!! Holy SHIT MANN!!! :Wlys: :Wlys: I just bought one a month ago for a F350 Diesel Super Duty Truck....... $160.....:BS: Why are these half size, half capacity, work the same....... twice as much. :cuss: :TT:

BackwoodsGator
04-29-2011, 12:26 AM
The price is typical of Deere. This maybe what they call a captive part. Which means you have to go through them because you can't get anywhere else. They could also be pricing you a new alternator rather than a reman. Try a rebuilder. If they can get the parts it should be a cheaper fix.

825joe
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Rebuild kits are cheap and easy to do on alternators. Some shops do it. I would go that route.

gatorxuv620i
04-29-2011, 08:20 AM
My alternator hasn't gone bad yet but I was curious as to how much they would charge. The ones on jdparts.com is probably all new parts. ill ask my dealer next time im up there and see if they carry remaned ones. thanks for the replies

purplewg
04-29-2011, 08:52 AM
I had one on one of my tractors go out and tach drive was part of the alternator. Dang thing was like $500 new and no rebuilds available. I took it to a starter/alternator place and he rebuilt it for $80 with all new bearings also.