PDA

View Full Version : Best way and location to attach farm "slow moving vehicle" red triangle??? Help Pleas

semerm12
04-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Folks- I am trying to figure the best way to do this- I have a 1998 6x4. Replies appreciated.

zionview
04-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Good question. I just bought a 4X2 last week and am wondering the same thing. I thought about bolting the bracket inside the tailgate, but I wonder if it would get in the way. I held the bracket up against the headache rack, but I'm thinking that would get into my personal space. We're legal for about a half-mile of secondary road(the length of the farm) and have been running without one, but I'd prefer to put one on for my own benefit.

semerm12
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I ended up attaching a 1/2 inch square steel tube to the triangle and then drilled into the box behind the seats o center. It lookg great and is visable. I will add some double faced take as it rattles but aside from that is great.

jeffy dalmer
05-23-2011, 11:02 PM
I Used a round magnet, the kind we machinists use to hold dial indicators. the magnet is around 2" dia. and 3/8" thick with 1/4" hole in it. around 3.00 to 10.00$ . Simply put flat head bolt through hole and into sign , and use nut to secure. this way i can move it as i need , from tail gate, to inside box, or on cargo. I have been using it this way for 6 years.