PDA

View Full Version : Can a Gator XUV be Towed ??

OhioFarmboy?
05-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Just got a 2010 620i and was wanting to put a tow bar on the front to pull behind a tractor going to a field.Then un-hooking the tow bar and taking the Gator back to the shop to get something else..I have been doing this for 20 years with my old Polaris quad,i did leave the Polaris running and had it in neutral and no problems.Max speeds are under 25,mostly about 20 mph and max distance would be 4-5 miles,but on average 1-3..I have heard some say you can't pull a Gator and some say you can.What say you?..I just browsed through the subject or topic headline's in this Tech forum and didn't see this question asked...Thanks for any answers and advice, Randy.

PS,nice website,just found it tonight.

WOEII
05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the Forum! :Chers: :cool:

Whos towin who? :lurk:
http://i51.tinypic.com/28it2mr.jpg
:BG: :lol:

flyinlow402
05-21-2011, 11:07 PM
The owners manual for my 620i says that it can be towed up to 20 mph if I remember correctly. I was going to make a towbar to do the same with mine, but I don't feel I have a solid enough point on the planter or cultivator to hook it to. I used to pull my Honda 4 wheeler that way, but it weighed considerably less. I may have to fabricate some solid hitch points on my machinery. It sure is handy to have a way to get back home if you need something.

trainman
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
You farmers have all the fun.

John