PDA

View Full Version : Accesories and Parts

dsieker
05-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Hey I am looking for any website that may carry accessories for the gator does anyone know of any good ones?

825joe
05-26-2011, 08:13 AM
not many....kolpin has a couple.

WOEII
05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Stay with me on this. My next focus is bringing in venders so we have tons of mods to pick over. :Chers:

825joe
05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Sweet!!! Good idea

J Grace
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey I am looking for any website that may carry accessories for the gator does anyone know of any good ones?

Has anyone towed a gang lawn mowers behine a Gator? Purchasing a 53"
gang mower. Working on finished lawn.

Thanks,
J. Grace

m38inmaine
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Rugged Gear makes a nice gun mount with custom made Gator mounting bracket. Just got mine in today, will post pictures installed.

number3shot
05-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Rugged Gear makes a nice gun mount with custom made Gator mounting bracket. Just got mine in today, will post pictures installed.
[/I]
I've seen this setup on their website. I'll be interested to see how room you have once it is installed.

Deputy347k9
05-28-2011, 09:57 PM
We all are praying for the day we see vendors here! I am quite sure they will find a bunch of boys who loves to dress thier toys1 Bring on!

chiefmoose
01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.thegatordepot.com/ http://www.powerplaceinc.com/Gator%20HPX%20Series%20Handout.pdf http://www.sidebysidesports.com/johndeeregator.html http://www.sidebysidesports.com/johndeeregator.html http://www.allterrainonline.com/cat.php?nav=subcat7&catID=9

Thomas
01-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Has anyone made any attachments? (Bumpters / etc.)?

Deputy347k9
01-22-2012, 07:20 AM
One attachment that I did recently add to my 825i was a Rear View Safety camera setup. I really took my time when mounting the cameras, one is attached to the rear of the roof and the second camera on the front of the roof. Has a seven inch screen mounted on the dash. Each camera is a 130 degree camera with 18 infra red illuminators! The model number that I purchased was the RVS 770613, system comes with only one camera though you can add a second. I spent about $300.00 for the complete setup including an extra camera and 8.5' extension. Has a remote also!

This setup is ideal for people who want to work at night without lights, like hog hunters, moonshiners and so on. Last evening I had the gator out, no lights, total darkness and I could drive with no problems what so ever. Night vision view is super!

Don't ask me why I installed this because I had no other reason but I could. It's fun.

Larry:Hwdy:

Regulator
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Mine is at the dealership now getting a rear view camera system installed...I guess us "Larry's" think alike, huh???....I bought mine at the Dealership, and it was right around $325...I can't remember the brand name right now, of course because I am over 50 years old and I am lucky to leave the house in the morning with pants on....

I saw where Trussman installed one on his sweet Gator and ever since then, I have been wanting to get one...they are just too cool, and with having 3 Labradors, and a Pit Bull/Boxer mix puppy, and a couple Grandkids, I thought it would be money very well spent...and, of course it's just another gadget to satisfy my addiction of adding stuff to my Gator....

One other thing that I was kinda concerned about, but after having the Dealership contact Deere about it, it turned out to be something I don't have to worry about....that's adding alot of electrical stuff to my 825i...My dealership sent the info of what I have installed on my Gator to Deere and they said I should be fine since the Gator has a 75 amp alternator on it...I have a couple sets of running lights up front, a set of rear facing work lights, a stereo system mounted in the roof, back-up camera system, a Cobra CB, a reciever mounted Warn Winch, and a green skull gearshift knob with red LED lights for eyes....I think that's about all I want to add at this time...I do have a GPS Unit for it too, but I'll only be using that for when I go to a Trail System like the Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia in late winter or early spring....

Larry in MD :Jestr:

Deputy347k9
01-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Larry

I also got the ideal from Trussman, he started this can of worms! I am really thinking of adding a second system onto my custom enclosed aluminum trailer that I haul the gator in. Would be very benifical for backing, would be able to see if anyone is behind me or what I am going to hit! I am really happy with the system.

Larry:crzy:

SoILLGator
01-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Look up www.friar-engineering.com I ran across this companies web site and they have some products for the gator and are working on more.

Marty
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi all. As a company are fairly new to the Gator community but we've started to make cab systems for them as you can see here. http://ftdcabs.com They are built using the same core ideas as our Ranger system. They're rugged as can be and for awhile the system is $999.00 plus freight. The system includes roof, front and rear window. The roof is 1/8 inch aluminum (can support hundreds of pounds) and the front window (1/4 inch Acrylite) removes in seconds for summer use or trailering. The rear window is a marine grade vinyl and rolls up in seconds for summer/trailering as well.
The initial response has been fantastic and above all. We stand behind the product and it is ALL made here in the USA.

Deputy347k9
01-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Marty, some very nice looking equipment.

Larry

Regulator
01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
What Larry in ME said....I already have a Poly Cab on my current 825i, but if I ever upgrade to a new one, I would definitely consider one of your enclosures...

And, it's real cool that you are busy too...I love to hear of good ol' American Companies that are doing well...that's a tough thing to do in todays day and age...

pahawi
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm still trying to make an illuminated gator for the front grille on mine, but I'm having a hard time, getting it lighted in a way so it illuminates the gator, without blinding you, when looking at it :mad:

Regulator
01-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Pahawi...you KNOW you are gonna have to make at least 50 of them if you get it to work like you want it to...hahahaha!!!...everyone here will want one...I know I do bad already without even seeing it completed!!!

Very cool idea, my friend...I wish I was talented like that...my brain thinks of stuff that my big ol' ham hands couldn't dream of making...

Deputy347k9
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Me want one too!!! :hray:

pahawi
01-26-2012, 01:58 PM
If mine turns out nice enough, I'll see what I can do :-)

plateauman57
01-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Along the line of accessories, is there a place on the John Deere web site that you can look at accessories, etc to where you can see a picture of them along with a price? Also, I think I have seen on here people talking about a "catalog". Where is it available and does it list the prices? thanks and have a great evening.

dj

Gator Hunter
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I have an accesory catalog (paper back - 40 pages - color) from my JD dealer. It has about 125 options. 90% of have pictures and price. The website is nice for pics, but prices are not given. It's called "Gator Utility Vehicle Attachments".

Regulator
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Usually, when they don't post the prices in a catalog like that, they are embarrassed at what they are charging for the stuff!!!...hahaha....kinda like buying parts for Catepillar, Harley Davidson, and anything that has "Marine" in the description...

I've bought my share of those listed above, and now I can add John Deere to that list...I've always bought JD Lawn Tractors (my newest, a X545 or X540...can't remember what it is now...duh..), but I've always traded them in for a new one every 5 years or so before I had to buy too many parts for them...one thing John Deere does have often is very attractive financing for these big toys...

I guess it doesn't matter because I still haven't seen anything on the market that I would trade my 825i for...I love my Gator, and I'll probably keep adding accessories for it as long as they keep making new ones...I just hope there will be more aftermarket companies making parts for the 825's and 855's as they become more popular...

plateauman57
01-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks Gator Hunter. Will check with my dealer for one. Like Regulator said, it bothers me when no prices are listed.

Deputy347k9
01-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Several years ago when I was restoring my Impala SS I wanted a very nice but different Chevrolet "Bow Tie" grill emblem to replace the white factory "Bow Tie". There was a man in the Long Island NY area that built me one, using a RED Bow Tie he outlined it with small red LED lights. This emblem looks factory! I have a switch under the dash where I can turn it on or off. Really looks sharp going down the road and yet it does not light up the front of the car. If I recall he was charging us about $125.00 for the completed emblem shipped.

It can be done!

Larry

Gator Hunter
01-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Holy cow! I actually found the catalog I described above online...

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/zmags/residential/online_brochures/gator_attachments/includes/attachments_zmags.html

And here's a page that has all their current catalogs (same ones you get at the dealer):

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/industry/residential/learn_more/gator_online_brochures/gator_online_brochures.page?

Deputy347k9
01-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Catalogs are the down fall of my life! I look at them and I find stuff that I NEED!

Larry

plateauman57
01-28-2012, 08:48 PM
thanks gator hunter. saved me a trip.

Deputy347k9
01-29-2012, 07:14 AM
One item I have been considering is the 5 gallon fuel pack, LP30320. I think over priced but I really like how it clamps into the bed of the 825i. Sometime when metal detecting you just might need that extra fuel.

Has anyone here purchased this option, if so what do you think of it?

Fuel pack, 5 gallon with quick clamping, LP30320 $84.99

Larry from Me

Regulator
01-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Larry...I was considering the Kolpin 4 gallon one that is real long, and to be honest, I just couldn't justify the huge price...I have a couple of those 5 gallon steel safety cans that have the filler/spout incorporated into the handle...I am just gonna use one of those in the back of my Gator...I thought about how to hold it from moving around and I'm probably just gonna put a couple eye hooks in the front of the dump bed and use a couple small ratchet straps to keep it there...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Kolpin unit...I'd be curious as to how someone who has one likes theirs too...it's alot of money most certainly, but looks clean and is held tight by the claming system...4 or 5 gallons is alot of fuel if you have run out of gas somewhere...then, it would be worth 3 times what you pay for it!!!...hahaha...

Go ahead and buy one and let me know how you like it...I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it after the initial purchase...extra gas that is secured well is a good thing!!!

Deputy347k9
01-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Larry

I know what you mean by the expense, very hard to justify and I don't believe there is any reason why they shoulc be so costly? Like you I am praying someone else has purchased one and can give us feedback before I even considered spending that much money? You buy it first! LOL

Larry in ME

Regulator
01-29-2012, 05:08 PM
I was just looking at the bed of my Gator and in the front bulkhead, there are 4 good sized slots/holes already there and are the perfect size for a one inch ratchet strap...each one is spaced perfectly for me to put one of my 5 gallon safety gas cans on each side up against the bulkhead and use ratchet straps to hold them tight using those slots already there...it will catch the can about 6 or 8 inches from the top of the can, so with them sitting on the floor and being held by a strap 3/4 of the way up, they will sit nice and safe without having to worry about them moving...(I also already have the rubber bed mat in my dump bed...)

I bought those red 5 qallon safety gas cans online and they were like $50 each...they don't have any external vents for gas to splash out of, and they are the kind where the handle to lift them up also opens the filler cap...they also have a mesh screen inside the spout to keep junk from getting in or out....they are pretty heavy and seem to be very well built...I've been using them this grass cutting season to put gas in my X545 JD Lawn Tractor...I am just gonna use one of those to carry in my Gator instead of spending the extra money for one of those other units...If I go somewhere that I think I might need more gas than an extra 5 gallon, then I'll just use both of them...

It kinda bothers me that the Kolpin Unit is only 4 gallons...I know a little extra gas is better than none, but to spend that much, I'd rather have it twice as thick and hold 8 gallons of gas!!!...I guess they keep it thin because of weight to both carry it in the bed, and then lift it out and to pour it in the Gator's tank...I guess that's another reason I like my cans...they are heavy with 5 gallons in them, but they are easy to handle the way the handle is situated where you lift it up and start pouring all in one motion without having to worry about spilling it before you get to the funnel or filler hole...

Sorry to be so long winded....I get to typing and forget to stop before my index fingers go numb sometimes...

mikesr53
02-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, I just put aluminum wheels on my new 855d. A guy on ebay is selling all 4 for about $250 shipped! Only fit the 12" tires, not the 14's.

Here's the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/320802702434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649.

BTW, they are new, unblemished wheels. Everything included except the the lug covers. I ordered these http://www.ebay.com/itm/320657868132?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 .

Mike in MD

apple
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
The koplin tank I got only holds 1.5 gallons. Maybe I had the wrong part #. I not much on metal gas cans due to cans rusting and gett ing debris in fuel tank. I know there is a filter in the tank but just as soon have a plastic fuel tank. Just my opinion.

hdeagle
02-11-2012, 10:07 AM
The5 gallon fuel pack, LP30320 listed in the catalog is a mis print. It is only 1.5 gallons. It does look and fit just like the picture shows, no holes required to attach, the bracket fits in the tie down loop at the bottom and the top clamps to the top rail. It is a very clean , secure system. But, had I known it was only 1.5 gallons I probably not have bought it. Hope this helps the ones that are considering it.