PDA

View Full Version : 2011 825i Delievered Last Week with a Squeak

jetstreambluebill
06-15-2011, 02:49 PM
So my Gator came in last week and was delievered. I noticed the first night I drove it that after it warmed up the engine at idle to 2,500 rpm has a "chipmunk" like squeak. It seems to be coming from the engine output that is covered by a black plastic shield under the bed on the passenger side. I called the dealer and talked to the salesman and he said "every gator we have sold has some kinda squeak associated with it". I am aware of the "bed squeaking" when fully down, and yes I have that too but squeaking body panels don't worry me much. It is a tool for use in the yard....but the engine squeaking???? that is troublesome. I've decided that I am going to let the dealer pick it back up at the 8 hour oil change time and check out the engine noise at that time, along with the bed squeaking while they are at it. Comments?

LeonardS
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Mine makes a chirping noise when i am going downhill and let off the throttle.......I am not sure if it is the belt chirping or what it is. I am going to purchase the extended warranty since it is so inexpensive. That way I won't worry about it for 3 years and then I will trade it for a new one if I think it has any issues.

jetstreambluebill
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I think the Extended Warranty is a no brainer....going to have him sign me up for that as well.

trainman
06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't think that the chirping noise or squeaking is coming from the engine, a belt yes, or in most cases it's is the bed rattle that so many have. I didn't look into the bed rattle on mine yet, because sometimes it rattles and sometimes it doesn't. I think since the bed sets on rubber strips when down that it's probably the latching rods or the bed rods that hold the bed up when dumping, these rods are most likely loose when there is no tension is on them in the down position. Put a bungee cord around the rod and put a little tension on the cord and try it again with the bed down, then up.

John

jetstreambluebill
06-16-2011, 02:20 PM
No John, I have the bed rattle and leaving it in the 1" up position eliminates that squesk, as I have a power dump bed, not a manual. The bed squeak comes from the plastic trim piece rubbing the underside of the bed near the passenger compartment. I'll deal with that at a later time. My motor chirping is coming from the cover where the front driveshaft comes out of the motor, passemger side, under the bed.

825joe
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Mine makes a chirping noise when i am going downhill and let off the throttle.......I am not sure if it is the belt chirping or what it is. I am going to purchase the extended warranty since it is so inexpensive. That way I won't worry about it for 3 years and then I will trade it for a new one if I think it has any issues.

that is just the cvt making the noise when you free wheel down a hill. Keep the Rpm's up a bit and the cvt will engage the belt. Squeak should go away.

LeonardS
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks Joe! I will give that a try.

Leonard

trainman
06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
John