PDA

View Full Version : 620i Gator has trouble idling and falls on its face when I hit the gas

gatorxuv620i
07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Ok, We bought our 620i new in 2008 and its ran fine since up till about 2 weeks ago. Its to where you start it and it will start and the rpm's will drop back to normal then it will like miss a fire or something and it will start to almost die and then when I hit the gas to go it will literally fall on its face for like 3 seconds and then it'll pick up and go but rougher than normal. Any ideas:Wlys:

cowman1820
07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
check the dip stick, is possible you have gas in your crankcase, have seen 2 inches higher then, where it should be. worth a shot

gatorxuv620i
07-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok, took a look at the dipstick and shes perfectly centered between the add and full mark which is right where I keep her..... Took her out and ran the gator like I stole it and it seemed to clear up for a few hours but now shes back to idling... skip alittle.... idle.... stutter.... i am lost at this point but too busy to mess with it right now but what do you all think could be going on..... any and all suggestions welcomed!!!

1022fan
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
I have the same problem and was told to check service bulliton on this problem (81639) but have had no luck finding any service bulliton info maybe some one here can help.

missouri gator
07-29-2011, 10:07 PM
A few things you might check,
1. Fuel filter
2. Check your air filter and the air intake for any obstructions
3. Fresh fuel
4. Check exhast system for damage or restrictions

Good luck maybe some of these ideas will help. A gator that wont run is called a ranger.

1022fan
07-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Bin there done that and add spark plugs to that list with no change

onebadhabit
08-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Try running a little Seafoam thru it. Mine was doing the same thing. Added a little (1 ounce to gallon) and it seemed better. I also notice that if I try to start and don't pause a few seconds while the fuel pump is priming it is hard to start.

onebadhabit
08-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Seafoam is available at Advance or Napa in the fuel injector cleaner section (if you are not familiar with it) I run it in just about everything from my F350 to my dirt bikes and weed eaters.

mike walters
08-16-2011, 12:11 AM
guys there is a very small fuel filter before the fuel pump it is 90% of john deere gators fuel pump problem even there hot shot mec don't know it there

1022fan
08-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks i looked at it and its clear but i will change it. I just want it to run right again !!!!

1022fan
08-20-2011, 08:36 PM
anymore ideas ? this is driving me nut. I really don't want to take it to the stealer!! :(

missouri gator
08-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry guys, this seems to have all of us scratching our heads. A couple more things I thought of, fuel injector issue, or something in the electrical system. Both will probably require taking it to the dealer. Fill us in when you get her fixed.

1022fan
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
wow I think I got it fixed ! I got a message from a person on another web board and he said that they have had A few xuv's come in with this problem and the fix has bin to remove the throttle body and clean it.I removed it sprayed it down with TB cleaner and reinstalled and she is running great now! Will keep you posted with updates

srb08
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Nothing worse than a wounded gator.

jim45
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Did you solve your fuel problem? My 620i keeps fouling out spark plugs i also did the same trouble shooting.

1022fan
09-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Remove the throttle body and it sprayed it down with TB cleaner and reinstall.Mine did not look dirty but it fixed that problem for me .Running fine now for 20 hours no more fouling plugs yet!!!!!!

bama gator
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
my gator is flooding at an idle it will clear up when you get on it hard but it will some times go back to doing it again ia will try your fix maybe it will work for me if anyone anything else that will help let me know please

1022fan
09-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes same problem I had. Clean the throttle body Mine did not look dirty but it fixed it

bennjames
11-13-2011, 10:37 PM
My 2009 620i Limited doing the same. I removed the throttle body and used spray carb cleaner to clean the throttle body, and just inside the intake manifold. Sprayed cleaner into both fuel filters after removal, then blew out with air. Found engine oil slightly overfull and adjusted the level. Spark plugs were clean, tan in color. Reassembled, added BG fuel treatment and runs good as new again.

bennjames
02-09-2012, 10:44 PM
In my earlier post I told of cleaning the throttle body and curing my issues. About 15 hrs later the issue returned-again. The dealer has been great at getting it diagnosed. Its been back 3 times and works awhile then starts again with the same symptoms, rough idle, jerky throttle response, etc. Dealer contacted an area rep who footed the bill for a new throttle body with new sensors, stepper motor etc. NOW it runs better than ever before. Thanks to the dealer and JD for stepping up with the customer service to solve my problem. GO GREEN!

GJD
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
It is running on one cylinder. It is gas in the crankcase. JD will tell you it is the throttle body sensor and the throttle body. +/- $1000 to fix. JD knows about this problem but they keep selling these things. I have been going around and around w/ them for over a month about this. It is supposedly the result of letting your machine idle. My dealer tells me to just run heck out of it but I do not have the space to do that nor the time as I bought it to work not ride around to get the engine hot enough to evaporate the gas out of the crankcase!

jac42779
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm having the same idle issue with my 620i gator. I have changed the fuel, fuel filter, spark plugs and added some seafoam. I have also sprayed some throttle body cleaner in the intake and still no luck. Do I need to remove the throttle body completely and try cleaning it? :Bnghd:

yellowboat180br
07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I have a 2009 limited 620i and had this same issue. I read forum and took the throttle body off and cleaned it and the injectors ran for 2 or 3 hours and now doing the same thing. Do I need to clean something else? Never had any trouble until this year...

JimmyMac
08-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Sunday, out with the chicky and about ten quads, powerlines with deep sugar sand, I start slowing down and losing power as soon as it got hot in the sand. Ran fine at very small throttle positions but if you gave it lots of throttle, it would get really loud at the air box and did not rev up.

Looked at it tonight, one connector was not locked firmly, and the plugs looked fine, disconnected the fuel line and key on....plenty of fuel gushing out (after the filter), then I even pulled the muffler and removed the spark arrestor with a saws all just incase it was blocked with mud, pulled the air filter too....

Then I checked the valve adjustment.... all valves were a little lose except for one, the front exhaust. It was a little too tight, just enough for it to leak when it got hot... I was running on one cylinder, or at least one and a half! I set the lash at .20mm/.008", buttoned her up and hit the trails for a test drive. Amazing difference. It runs like a new rig. I'm so excited for this weekend at mudmuckers!

Ya'll adjust your valves! They get tight as your engine wears, so knock 'em out. :Ysnd:

JMac

combiner9510
09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks i looked at it and its clear but i will change it. I just want it to run right again !!!!

I changed all the filters and did not help,then the fuel pump started whining so I changed that,and it ran fine for 3 weeks qnd startedto surge slightly so i added seafoam,and it still runs fine ,hope it helps,

allenflucas
09-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Check TPS thats what it sounds like..

deisel don
03-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Ok, We bought our 620i new in 2008 and its ran fine since up till about 2 weeks ago. Its to where you start it and it will start and the rpm's will drop back to normal then it will like miss a fire or something and it will start to almost die and then when I hit the gas to go it will literally fall on its face for like 3 seconds and then it'll pick up and go but rougher than normal. Any ideas:Wlys:

i would try cleaning the throttle body it worked for me i drive 2007 620i and deere told me to replace the throttle body very expense so i cleaned it workes for now about three months ago good luck