PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Landscaper
08-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi there
I just wanted to say I am a new gator owner. I traded my 2007 camo 660 rhino for a 2011 camo gator 825i. I am very happy with the trade i got a great deal on it and I am loving the new gator with EFI and hyd. dump bed.

Now a couple questions/feedback.
Anyone have the full windshield for the gator?
I got the tall high back seats do they make seat covers for them?
On my rhino i had a safari rack and a winch so i think if i get a full windshield i prolly will plan on adding a safari rack then put some lights up there and even some led strobe light.
The winch i have is the Warn XT3.0, I would like to make it so i can put it on the front and rear so i would need the dual hook ups, has anyone done that??

thanks guys!!!
can not wait to learn more from you guys!!!:cool:

CCGATOR
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't remember who it was but someone posted pics of his Warn portable mount that can be used front and rear. You may want to search for that. I remember that he was discussing the overhang in the front and there was a concern about it getting hung up in certain terrain. I was also considering that but went with the conventional front mount instead.

greg825i
08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I went with the Warn XT40 on a receiver mount and wired both front and rear. I find it more versatile but they are right if you do a lot of trail riding be careful about hills or put it in the rear receiver. It is tucked away there. I like it that way so whichever way you get stuck it can be used to pull from either side. Quick connects work great. Check out my avatar for what it looks like. I'll try and post some pics. Best of luck!

WOEII
08-06-2011, 12:50 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif

srb08
08-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome aboard

Deputy347k9
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcom to our home!

Landscaper
08-07-2011, 01:51 AM
thanks guys
Yep i kinda understand the winch sticking out in the front, so i would prolly leave it in the back or in the bed.
Any one have a full windshield? and how do you like it?

Deputy347k9
08-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I think you will find many of the members have full windshield, either glass or the no scratch poly that I have. Really nice when riding around at 20-30 mph, you can actually drink coffee with out it blowing back and making you look like a window licker. There are so many additional items that John Deere had developed that really come in handy. Make sure you have an option catalog for the 825i and go to town with it. You can't over do it!

Landscaper
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks I am kinda thinking about the no scratch poly one. Does it bow in the center say from hauling your gator down the highway?? I had an windshield on my rhino and it kinda got bow/bent in the middle. Does this happen or has it to anyone?

purplewg
08-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Ah, yet another convert. Moved over from the dark side.:Thmup:

Welcome!

GatorMover
08-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome! I especially love the converts!
I mostly like trading in Rangers and RTV's ... cause I know how happy the guys and gals are gonna be!

Jgentile
08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
If your looking for seat covers classic accessories makes them for John Deere I emailed them about the bench seat covers and they won't be out till fall 2012. Look them up and see what they have. We ordered a full windshield but it's not in yet. I'm sure it will great come this fall and winter. Have you thought about attaching your winch to your receiver. Have to do some extra wiring but you can put it front or bAck then.

Deputy347k9
08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Landscaper, I can't anwer your last question as I have an enclosed trailer. However I have driven just over 40mph pavement and no problems with the windshield. Chime in guys.

Landscaper
08-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Jgentile
i will check out the info on the seat covers and yes i am planing on put my winch on a reciever so it can be used in the front or rear.

Anyone else on the windshield? Do you take it off when you tow?? The one i had on my rhino seemed to have a little bow in it from towing.
ANyone have the poly one from John Deere

Deputy347kp
What size enclosed do you have to haul your gator??

thanks

Landscaper
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM
anyone..?

Zephyr74
09-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I have only towed my No scratch twice, and no bow noticed yet.

Landscaper
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM
sounds good
Just like i said it "seemed" like on my rhino it might have bowed a little.....

outdoors54
09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Can someone tell me if the 2'' receiver is standard on these gators or needs to be purchased as a bolt on accessory? I'd like to use a 2'' ball hitch.

Brad
09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I do have the full poly windshield. The glass windshield is definately a nicer option (under poly cabs there is a good pic of one) but it is a lot more. Just be careful about scratches when washing off mud. Towing doesn't seem to bother it. Pulled it about 200 miles around 70 mph but would not load it backwards.

Brad
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Pretty sure front and rear are standard. It seems to be the only thing not charged as an option!

GATORDONE
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
They come standard on the xuv gators.

Landscaper
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Update:
Just got some metal tonight after work for the multi mount for the winch and then got some angle iron for the safari rack. Might be welding this weekend

Landscaper
11-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you to all our Veterans!!

ANother update:
Front winch mount is welded and painted. Ordered a multi mount wiring and it came in....but I HAVE NOT installed the winch yet since my gators front end bearings KINDA seem to be acting up but havent driven it lately to notice.
Also today the wife and I stopped at our local John Deere dealer and got a new NO-Scratch windshield also got a pair of gloves ($19.00) for free which wasnt to bad. Got to finish a window well project tomorrow for the in-laws then might have time to install the windshield.

Any pointers?? ---Other than take my time and get it on and adjusted before i tighten everything down.

thanks guys

brwolf01
11-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the forum (I'm new as well). I had the full windshield on my 620i limited. The pros were a very comfortable ride with the vent for warmer days. I had to remove it on our last ride as the nighttime dew reduced visibility to almost 0 (Both sides were fully soaked and rain x did nothing). I have since added quick dis-connects as a solution. Evening glare might become an issue as well but I would say it all depends on how you will be using your XUV.

Landscaper
12-29-2011, 11:41 PM
ANother question....How many of you gator owners Ice fish??

Because I am wondering how to mount a hold for my ice auger on the gator like some how on the front bumper to in the bed.
I know you can set it in the bed but i want something else.

thanks
Happy New Year

825joe
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
welcome bud!!!:Thmup: I went with a 4000lb winch. I tend to go overboard anyways lol. As for the Ice auger, you can make a bracket to hold the auger in place if that is what you mean. Like a tray or something.

CaptDan
12-30-2011, 11:52 AM

Which kinda ice auger are you thinking about ? One looks like it would be a little easier to attache to the gator than the other ?

Dan

Gator Hunter
01-07-2012, 12:47 AM
JD makes a "Side Tool Rack" which basically consists of two clamps that attach to one side of the bed or the other. But they are pricey... about $270. JD also has a thing called "Gear Grips".. for only $50... those should work. You might want to look aftermarket or see if there is some sort of ATV clamp system that serves the same purpose.

Dang... I think I need to look in getting Gear Grips! ha!

825joe
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
deleted

ratrod
01-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I never heard of an Artic Cat, whats that?