PDA

View Full Version : TX front end alignment

elbowcarey
12-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey
I'm new to this forum, but I just bought a used TX and I'm going to be going through it this winter to make sure its ready for the summer......... Any tips on a front end alignment? I know that on mine the tires look like they are out a little on the top. Also any other tips for a complete tune up would be great thanks..Craig

CaptDan
12-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard Craig ! I can't help with your question but give it a little while and I am sure that some of the very knowledgeable people on here will provide valuable responses.

Again, welcome aboard !

Dan

Deputy347k9
12-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Craig, welcome to the Forum. As Dad stated soon other with helpful infor will chime in. Really helps if you post a picture or two of your machine. That will catch the eye and open the mouths!

Happy Holidays
Larry

elbowcarey
01-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Well here are some tips for others:
The wheel bearings are not so bad to remove but the steel A-arm bushings are a bitch. The wheel bearings can be easily removed by taking the wheels off and then taking a long, thin screw driver and push the center cylinder that is between the two bearings to one side. Then send that same screwdriver through that gap in the center cylinder and put it against the lower bearings inner race and beat it til it comes out. then to get the other side just take a socket with an extention that fits the OD of the bearing that is still in the wheel and beat it out. It will come out a lot easier then the first side. As for the A-arm bushings, I took a screwdriver and broke the top rim off of the top bushing then took a socket that fit the diameter of the cylinder portion that is left and beat it down through the whole A-arm til it hit the bottem bushing and continued to beat it down til they both came out. This takes time and is a lot of work but does work. To put the wheel bearings back in, simple the new bearings come with a ring on them, just leave that on that is a stopper so you do not pound the bearing too far into the wheel. So just grab a socket that fits its OD and tap it in, grease the inside first and don't forget to put the center cylinder in after you get the first bearing in. The A-arm bushings you either need a large C-clamp to compress the new ones in or I just beat them in one at a time and after one is in slide the center cylinder tube in then beat the other side in after. This is also hard work don't give up. The tie rods adjust simply by loosening the nut closest to the wheel then turning the shaft in or out to adjust. As for the wheels like mine, where the tops are out a lot compared to the bottem (like an Atv) there is no adjustment that I could find to fix this problem I guess this is the way John Deere designed these? Hope this helps someone...Bloody knuckles in your future