PDA

View Full Version : New Gator Owner from NE WI

Gator Hunter
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Hello! I'm a new owner of a 825i Gator since late November of 2011. I found this site about a month ago and already learned a lot. I decided to join and contribute where I can. I've been riding ATVs and snowmobiles for 20+ years. I own 3 ATVs, 1 sled, and now my first UTV and I'm very excited with my purchase.

I have quite a few add-ons so far one of which is The BOSS vplow, but one problem... no snow in NE WI yet! We have only received 4.9 inches. Last year we had over 2 feet by now!

I'll try to figure out how upload some pics.

Regulator
01-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!...that's a beautiful machine you have there...I can't believe you all haven't gotten enough snow to push yet!!!...we are in the same boat here in Maryland, but that's to be expected here....it's actually snowing a little bit right now...I wouldn't have known but I let a new puppy out that I got today and the ground was covered and I was getting snowed on!!!...it's just a dusting at best...

Again...welcome, and have fun!!!...it's a great place to show off pictures and to learn what everyone else is doing to modify their Gator's...you can see pics of mine under the Showroom section in the thread titled "Gator Collection"...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

ratrod
01-05-2012, 08:06 AM
nice gator, how do you like that ops rear screen?

Gator Hunter
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks Regulator and ratrod.

Regulator - I'll have to take a look at your pics in the other post.

Nope, we are way behind on the snowfall this winter. The last two winters we set all time highs for snow fall. This year, we are on pace to set an all time low! Go figure! My co-workers are all happy since I jinxed our snow this year by buying this package. Little did I know this would effect my snowmobiling as well.

ratrod - The Gator came setup with quite a few options, one of them being that OPS Rear Screen. I like the look it has and the built in head rests are nice. I do like that the fact that I can throw wood in the back and not worry about accidentally launching a block into the cab!

fire gator
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
:Hwdy:

Gator Hunter
01-05-2012, 11:39 PM
fire gator,

Looks like we have a few things in common... both from WI, both gator buyers, and both on fire departments.

It sounds like your Gator was purchased for your fire department. Do you have any pictures of it? I'd be curious to see what you all put on it.

Deputy347k9
01-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the Forum! I think the Gator 825i is catching on with many Fire Department. Unlike full size pickup trucks these gems allow you to go on rescue missions where majority of vehicle can not. Besides, look at the equipment you can carry.

fire gator
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
gator hunter well we got skid unit bolted in today been holding off with pictures to it is all done but maybe i will see about getting some together here soon. order more options for it again yesterday still in big decisions on trailer style and how big ? the next is what winch wish i could find someone with kfi winch? really sad thing was it sat in station the other day undone and could have used it on a call already.

Gator Hunter
01-07-2012, 12:20 AM
fire gator,

I had the same concerns about what size trailer to get. My Karavan snowmobile double up trailer surely wasn't going to suppor the Gator since it could only hold 950lbs. Gators weigh in at about 1630 lbs. I was in the market for trailers and you may get by with a 12' single 3500 lb axle with drop mesh gate for around $1500. But you also have to consider what weight you have added to the Gator. If you are adding a water tank for your fire dept Gator, along with other tools, you will have to watch the weight and see what trailer can supprot it. Yeah 3500 lb axle is big, but you have to also minus the weight of the trailer. I ended up buying a tandom 3500 lb trailer so I can haul either my Gator with BOSS plow, or jus the Gator along with 2 Quads. Negatvie with a tandom in WI is you then have to license it.

First step is know what your weight of your finished Gator is... fully loaded.

825joe
01-07-2012, 12:22 PM
welcome!!!

Gator Hunter
01-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I added some pics of my gator, plow, trailer, and other "toys" in the "Gator Showroom Floor" area...

http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?11735-WI-Gator-825i-with-The-BOSS-6’6”-Power-V-XT-Plow

WOEII
01-26-2012, 08:00 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif