PDA

View Full Version : 6x4 with gas no fire?

Rio_Grande
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Just starting to trouble shoot this thing. I need a wiring diagram. Any suggestions where to find one at?

GATORDONE
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Go to your Deere dealer and have them print you one off a tech manual.

Rio_Grande
01-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks, I hadnt thought about it, was afraid it might have green paint on it :)
I found a tech manual online. It even gives trouble shooting procedures. I wont have time to work on it until the weekend but I have a place to start. I think my problem is I dont have a key. and by looking at the diagram the ignition switch also shuts power down to the coils if it is off. After typing thaqt it seems so simple LOL

chadsrepair
02-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I hadnt thought about it, was afraid it might have green paint on it :)
I found a tech manual online. It even gives trouble shooting procedures. I wont have time to work on it until the weekend but I have a place to start. I think my problem is I dont have a key. and by looking at the diagram the ignition switch also shuts power down to the coils if it is off. After typing thaqt it seems so simple LOL

hi rio, hey where online did you find the manual for your 6x4? i have a 99 that has no spark at plugs? i have no juice intoor out of the cdi and no juice at the coils? i cant decide if its the cdi which i dont think it is because there is no voltage there in, or if its the pickups? or what to think? any ideas? thanks much

Suffolk Dave
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Have you checked the fusable link F1 between battery/starter and key switch (red wire) for 12vdc to keyswitch...then when switched on you should see battery voltage to fuel pump and the + terminal of the ignition coils. Neutral switch on transaxle needs to be in neutral to start.
Hope this helps
Suffolk Dave

Rio_Grande
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
It only took me a year to reply, that is better than some of my emails!/

I picked up the sister to this one a few months ago and the weather is just starting to break here. I am going to try to work on it this week. The e brakes are locked up at the moment and I am fairly certain it is a cable or similar. it was ok until i pulled the ebrake to bring it home. once I get that done i will install the new key switch as the old one is missing. and we will see what happens. needs fresh gas and a battery.

How on earth do you check the coolant on these things?