PDA

View Full Version : WOW I'm in the middle of an oil change..............

elbowcarey
01-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Can't even believe how tight the oil filter is on this thing..............Tried two different oil wrenches and multiple other methods to get this thing off and have had no success............I've read on other posts on a different model Deere that you can buy a cup wrench to take it off..... I'm gonna check the dealer tomorrow otherwise I'm going to try a belt wrench........What's the best way to drain the oil?

I'll let you know how it goes

srb08
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM
The filter is very tight from the factory. I bought the cup filter wrench from JD, problem solved. I pulled the skid plate to change the oil but there was a post that said you didn't need to. I dont like drain oil dripping on the floor.

apple
01-08-2012, 07:03 PM
The jd cup filter wrench didn't work for me. I have some harleys; I used a adj. span filter wrench on my 825. The filter is way too tight from the factory

elbowcarey
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah I figured out a super easy way that I wish I could of figured out like 3hrs ago................All of the wrenches, and cup wrenches, belt wrench, forget it...........Just take off the two 10mm bolts that hold the housing that its mounted to off and then you can take that bs filter off outside of the engine compartment.............. And after I did this I really don't think that I would of ever got it off from in the engine compartment, that filter was on way too tight......Thing I don't get is this Gator is an 01 I would think someone would have changed it in the last 10 years???? But the way everyone is talking maybe no one could get this thing off....Unreal I really couldn't believe how tight that was on there