PDA

View Full Version : older Gator 4x2....electric prob and identification

RichardS
01-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I have an older gator with the Kawasaki eng....I broke a wire to an electric clip thing....it's 1in.x1in. x1/4in that sits on a resin plate just ahead (towards seats) of the spark plug , since it broke the gator will not start , will spin etc will not fire.....have talked around and was told it's a diode that replaces points .......my problem is , I called JD and they have no idea what I'm talking about , they have to have a part or catalog # or they're completely lost....the only id on the little box goody is TI-46 below that 7.0 , on the front is a stamped Japan and a circle (-> I I <-) which a motorcycle friend says denotes it's a diode , he says TI-46 is a part # but not JD's , the 7.0 is the amp on the diode.....Does anyone have a electric diagram or parts book that might identify this item?.....the guys at the desk at JD are about as useful as a dead frog , they even asked if I was sure it came off a JD gator , and they won't let me talk to a mechanic in the shop because of insurance etc.......the only other thing I could figure is maybe go to a kawasaki dealer......Any suggestion or help greatfully accepted. Thanks ......Rick

Regulator
01-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Sounds like you are dealing with a a bunch of a-holes at that particular dealership...at the dealership I deal with, I've gone out in the shop and talked to the guy doing the work on my Gator a couple times now since I've had it...and your dealership could surely get one of the mechanics to come out to the service desk so you could explain the situation to him so that he could possibly identify the part you need...

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for your direct question...but, I would think about trying another dealership that is a bit more "customer friendly"...I couldn't imagine our local dealership acting the way yours is...tell them that you are getting ready to buy a new 825i Gator but you need to get the older one fixed first so you can sell it...maybe they'll be a little more receptive to your needs...

Good luck finding your part...there's a bunch of great people on here that I am sure will figure it out for you...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

offroad2000
01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
i look up all my own parts on john deeres on there web parts site, if you know the model just type it in and then search by alpha order and you will see the part you need
the site is this http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePa geServlet_Alt

hope this helps
Bob in canada

ratrod
01-29-2012, 12:31 AM
:IAgre: you can even order the part from their website.

elbowcarey
02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I think you could be talking about the ignitor, it sits on a small plate. But if you broke the wire to it then you either are going to have to splice it back together or you will need the whole harness that822 also connects to the winding coil. check out the pic and see if thats what your looking at