PDA

View Full Version : just got new 825 and front end squeaks.

MUNCK
03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Just took our brand new 825i for a ride and the front end suspension squeaks bad, very annoying. Will it break in with time?

Deputy347k9
03-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Munck welcome to the Forum. You will find many wonderful individuals here that are willing to lend a hand when trouble arrives. Regarding your new machine, "congratulations". I have had my 825i for one year come March 25th, 2012. Love the machine, only problem I have had is the front driveshaft bearing and the starter. Both were covered under warranty. No squeaks that I have been able to detect, of course my hearing sucks too!

With your new machine you received a one year warranty, by any chance did you take advantage of the two year extended warranty? It's cheap money for the protection!

Larry in ME

Regulator
03-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Welcome Munck....I remember mine sqeaking when I first got mine too...it was coming from the front end also...I can't honestly remember when it stopped, but I have close to 30 hours on mine now and it doesn't squeak anymore...hope that helps...it's probably just new bushings wearing in inside the shocks mounts or somethibng else associated with it being new and "tight"...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

GatorOffroad.com
03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Some squeaking can be expected on any type of vehicle when it is fresh off the assembly line. Give it a few rides to break in. If it still squeaks after that, take it to the dealership to make sure everything is in good shape.