PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in NC

Dane
08-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I just thought I'd stop in and say hello. Yesterday I picked up my XUV 550.

mountaingoat
08-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome from Vermont. You will certainly enjoy your new 550! mountaingoat.

CaptDan
08-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Just curious, what part of NC ?

Dan - NJ

srb08
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here.
Best,
Steve

Dane
08-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm in the country about 20 miles north of Durham in the north central part of the state. The closest town is Roxboro.
---
MountainGoat, I've been reading your threads as I do some "teaks" to my Gator. I think there was a $%#^ post in your thread about the switches but I found it quite helpful as I'm getting ready to add some LED driving light to the roof of mine. I also admired those brackets for the rear view mirrors. I have to remember to photograph my mod process as well.

gatordear
08-02-2012, 07:20 PM
We're getting more XUV550 people on board, that's great. Congrats on a great choice, I know you'll love it. mountaingoat is paving the way for lots of mods, he's doing a good job! Did you get green/yellow or camo? gatordear

Dane
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I got a green/yellow one with the protection package (front brush guard, bed rails, roof, brake light) and the OPS no scratch windshield.

mountaingoat
08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks Guys :Blsh:, glad you like the gear. I've been building things for more than fifty years, and now out to pasture, retired from the trades, and this little Gator makes a nice encore! Great fun! Do, please post your projects, and photo's! Not much out there in after- market for Deere, but I'm betting things will change now with the 550, and it's monster cousin stepping out at 53 MPH! mountaingoat

jdh2971
08-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks Guys :Blsh:, glad you like the gear. I've been building things for more than fifty years, and now out to pasture, retired from the trades, and this little Gator makes a nice encore! Great fun! Do, please post your projects, and photo's! Not much out there in after- market for Deere, but I'm betting things will change now with the 550, and it's monster cousin stepping out at 53 MPH! mountaingoat

I love my 550 that I have only had a couple months and I am sure you will too. Put a windshield, light for tail light and brake light, yellow flashing light to the rear, some reflectors and a rechargeable flashlight so far. Going to get a lexan top made soon. Also has a winch and snow plow, which I hope I do not have to use much. LOL I need to get some pics and get them posted. Have some more ideas but not sure what yet. What are the mirror brackets they are talking about? Have a great day. :dpe::dpe:

Deputy347k9
08-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Dane, Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new purchase. I currently reside in Limington, Maine. Sold our farm which we close on Tuesday August 14th at 0900 hours. We purchased a new home in Havelock NC, coastal Carolina near Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point. Mid way between New Bern and Morehead City. I will be there Wednesday afternoon!
Sold everything we had, NOT the Gator!

Larry in ME soon Larry in NC