PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this and would it work?

redrock
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
This is a snorkel for the RSX.
http://www.utvcanada.com/products.detail.php?CID=3&page=&PID=903
I think the web site is utvCanada.com
I'll try to get some picks up also. Wonder if the gator can go deep now.
Thanks

825joe
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
go to snorkelyouratv.com They have the rsx kit

plateauman57
02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
This is a snorkel for the RSX.
http://www.utvcanada.com/products.detail.php?CID=3&page=&PID=903
I think the web site is utvCanada.com
I'll try to get some picks up also. Wonder if the gator can go deep now.
Thanks

any idea what the costs on that is? i don't plan on going in deep water but sometimes when you're crossing a creek you just can't tell for sure how deep it might be. so, a snorkel it would be nice to have. of course, that doesn't help the drive belt but i guess as long as you don't stop in the water and get out as fast as possible you would be ok.

redrock
02-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes I agree I'll check out the other website also. Should be able to silicone belt coverup I would think, just picked mine up on Sat and have not had time to look at belt cover.
Thanks on the response guys just curious

IceRacer101
02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
any idea what the costs on that is? i don't plan on going in deep water but sometimes when you're crossing a creek you just can't tell for sure how deep it might be. so, a snorkel it would be nice to have. of course, that doesn't help the drive belt but i guess as long as you don't stop in the water and get out as fast as possible you would be ok.

Be careful that these snorkel systems don't hurt air flow. CVT belts die fast with heat.

IceRacer101
02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Yes I agree I'll check out the other website also. Should be able to silicone belt coverup I would think, just picked mine up on Sat and have not had time to look at belt cover.
Thanks on the response guys just curious

RSX drive belt enclosure is sealed to the transmission with an O-ring and the inlet and outlet are designed to be sealed all the way up to the main openings that are up behind the seat by the engine air filter. So, parking in water should not cause the belt to get wet if the seals are all holding. There are other things in the machine like your battery that you don't want submerged though so be careful how long you park in water of certain depths.

plateauman57
02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
RSX drive belt enclosure is sealed to the transmission with an O-ring and the inlet and outlet are designed to be sealed all the way up to the main openings that are up behind the seat by the engine air filter. So, parking in water should not cause the belt to get wet if the seals are all holding. There are other things in the machine like your battery that you don't want submerged though so be careful how long you park in water of certain depths.

don't "plan" on parking in water...just driving through it. but thanks for the info.

Batman
02-21-2013, 07:22 PM
go to snorkelyouratv.com They have the rsx kit

Nice find.....might have to look into.

IceRacer101
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
don't "plan" on parking in water...just driving through it. but thanks for the info.

:Ysnd: Yep - most don't plan stuff like that. There are some who set duck blinds and so forth will leave machiens sit in the soup while they are working.

lesjones83
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Snorkeling is cheap insurance I plan to snorkel mine just for that reason

swales
03-01-2013, 01:20 AM
I would snorkel EVERY machine if you are in a dusty environment.... its not just for water. The amount of dust that accumulates behind the cab on all machines is enormous. The snorkel will highly reduce the number of times you will need to clean your airfilter.. and if you snorkel the belt drive it seems to help your belt last longer.

Polaris had/has a big problem on their RZR's. They also intake the air between the seats. Many have experienced the dust making it past the filter and causing the top end to need rebuild after a few thousand miles. The latest RZR's now intake on the side of the machine. I have a buddy with 10,000 miles on a RZR with no top-end rebuild necessary... and he still has the original belt. I believe this is because of his custom snorkel intake where he filters both engine and belt. It really works.

I wish Deere would have made it easier to snorkel the belt intake. It is a rectangle hole right behind the easy to snorkel engine intake which is round. Maybe they have or will develop a snorkel piece that fits both as one unit.

redrock
03-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Swales was wondering if that's on the RSX with the rectangle belt intake also I have not check mind out yet. Just curious well I guess I could go check. Also thanks for all the info I do agree snorkeling for an emergency.

825joe
03-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Nice find.....might have to look into.

Yeah I came across them and it looks like a solid snorkel kit.