PDA

View Full Version : Cab Dust

krs.minshall@gmail.com
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
I have a top and full front and rear windshield. I was still experience pretty extreme dust entering the cabin area. I originally thought it was coming from under the passenger seat or through the slight gap between the rear window and the air filter cover. Sealing these areas with weather stripping didn't solve the problem one bit. Thereafter, with a rider, I finally isolated the offending area to the lower portion of the door that leaves a 2" x 8" (approximate) gab between the door and the seating area. I cut out some rubber inserts as a flap and screwed them on the door on both sides of the machine. With this area sealed the noticeable dust in the cab decreased substantially. Thought any fellow dust haters would find this useful.

K-DOG
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Pictures?? :BG:

krs.minshall@gmail.com
04-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I'll work on it. My computer skills are limited!!

dale5387
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
I have the same problem. I have a prosum roof-windshield-& back window. The dust comes in terrible. I hope some one can give some tips.
Dale

krs.minshall@gmail.com
04-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Evidently can't upload pictures from ipad. If anyone would like pics I can e-mail or text them. My email is krs.minshall@gmail.

magilla12
04-21-2013, 08:58 AM
I just uploaded this from my iPhone. Hit the little picture icon then from computer and select file.

Destiny creek
04-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I have to say that is the greatest plus of the deluxe cab with doors installed ( no dust or drafts) it seals it up just like my JD tractor. You have to open the back window when you start getting heat off the radiator coming into the cab when the electric fan kicks in.I think it is money well spent.

CLMA
11-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Good discussion. Now I know where the source of the dust is. I would like to see pix as well.