PDA

View Full Version : 620i front lift

TimnVa
12-21-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm trying to lift the front of my 620i but can't get the shock all the way out to install the spacer. I have even removed the bolts on the other side and tried to lower both together but can not get the shock more than half way out on either side. What am I missing here ? Thanks for any advise.

dieselsmith
12-21-2013, 04:31 PM
I just loosened the bolts and slipped the strut down about 3/4" and re-tightened.

TimnVa
12-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Dieselsmith, I've been doing the same as you but I'm a little worried that it may slip if I hit something hard or crossing a ditch on an angle so today I cut 2 pieces of 2 1/2" PVC pipe to length, cut out 1" section length way and pushed them in from the bottom. Wish I had thought of that to start with could have saved a lot of time and didn't cost a dime since I had the pipe anyway.

dieselsmith
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Mine never slipped but to each his own. I only slid mine down 3/4"

jergeod
12-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Dieselsmith, I've been doing the same as you but I'm a little worried that it may slip if I hit something hard or crossing a ditch on an angle so today I cut 2 pieces of 2 1/2" PVC pipe to length, cut out 1" section length way and pushed them in from the bottom. Wish I had thought of that to start with could have saved a lot of time and didn't cost a dime since I had the pipe anyway.

Can you give a little better description on how and where these went? Maybe some photos?

TimnVa
01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry but didn't take any pics. It's basically the same process as installing the kit you buy. I cut 2 pieces of 2 1/2" PVC pipe 2" long. I used pipe/tube cutters to cut pipe so the ends would be square then cut a 1" section out of the length of the pieces. I squeezed the pipe to close the gap and secured with a zip tie. Then remove wheels and loosen shock lower mount. Push pipe in from bottom. Zip tie will slide off as it goes then the pipe will open back up. Then you just jack it back up until it starts to compress the shock and tighten bolts.