PDA

View Full Version : Gator won't start?

Tradewinds
05-18-2015, 11:53 AM
My 6x4 won't turn over or start? I replaced the battery last week and slipped with a ratchet and shorted the battery terminals. I checked for fusible links and think I replaced them but still nothing. Looks like someone else removed them and just spliced the wires. I have a light on the panel and headlights, so I don't think it's a ground issue. I found that by jumping 2 terminals on the ignition switch I could get it to crank but not start. I just replaced the ignition switch, but it still won't crank. I also have 12v at the fuel pump, but it is not pumping either. Are there any fuses I need to look for?

Thank you,
Rich

Tradewinds
05-27-2015, 04:33 PM
I found that connecting the battery the right way makes a big difference. All is well now. Does anyone need a new ignition switch, cheap?

Dane
05-27-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't know that vehicle's electrical system but when it's running check the voltage of the electrical system to make sure connecting the battery backwards did not harm the voltage regulator. If you've got about 14 volts when the engine is running and it drops to 12 when the engine is off you should be good. If the voltage stays around 12 or even lower when the engine is running then you've not charging the battery and possibly have something blown.