PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Clicking

ddivinia
05-30-2010, 08:53 AM
I think the clutch is clicking in my recently acquired 6x4. I am going to tighten the chain to see if that makes any difference. I am also going to check to see if there is garbage in the clutch maybe from an old belt, etc.

Any other suggestions?

D.

shot_gun
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
You can check clutch operation in nuetral and rev the engine slowly up and down to watch the clutch(with the bed up of course) move in and out. Also jack up the back and see if any of the wheel shaft bearings are bad. Just grab the tires and try to wiggle them. They shouldn't move. You can rotate them also to see if they feel" crunchy" or dry.

ddivinia
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
You can check clutch operation in nuetral and rev the engine slowly up and down to watch the clutch(with the bed up of course) move in and out. Also jack up the back and see if any of the wheel shaft bearings are bad. Just grab the tires and try to wiggle them. They shouldn't move. You can rotate them also to see if they feel" crunchy" or dry.

Ends up the drive chains needed some lube. Actually - they look shot to me. I have some new ones on order.

D.