PDA

View Full Version : Front amber lights

stomperz71
09-25-2010, 06:51 PM
On the deluxe light kit the front amber lights are just for the hazards and turn signals. Has any body wired them up to come on as a running light when the back tail lights are on? Was just thinking it would be nice to have the front ones on when the switch is in the first position.

Gator 1
09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Let us know if you figure out how to add another wire to the light socket. My light socket oly has two wires power for the turn and ground. Been looking for the third wire connection all over the internet.

Jason

stomperz71
09-28-2010, 02:53 AM
If I figure anything out I'll post it. I haven't had much time to look into it as we been busy out in the fields with harvest.

2005HPX
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
On my 05 HPX, I just removed one of the sockets, took it to Auto Zone, compared and got a socket like it for a car. Hooked the wires up, and ran a new wire for the running lights. Now I have running lights and turns. Simple mod.

stomperz71
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I finally got around to looking into it and found that the bulb and socket are set up for running lights. It just needs the extra pin in the connector and a wire run to the socket. Going to see if JD offers the pin through parts?? Not sure why they would have it all their but the extra wire and pin to power the running light. Maybe if they put front running lights it would be road legal??? I'll see what I can find on the pin for the connector.

stomperz71
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
never did get to the JD store to ask about getting them pins for the connector. But I did find an old light harness for a that got tore up some how. I took the pins out of it and now I have front running lights! When I do get to the JD store I'll still ask because my dad wants his 850 diesel done now.

dieselsmith
12-28-2010, 08:03 PM
So you added a pin? Mine has 3 provisions but only 2 wires going to it. If I add a pin to that center blank pin socket that will do the trick? What do I wire that extra one into?