PDA

View Full Version : John deere 850d performance enhancements--for sale???

vipertblck
11-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey all, just turned up the max fuel delivery and installed a pyrometer gauge on my 08' XUV diesel gator. With fuel increased (yes it smokes) my exhaust gas temperatures only seem to increase about 10-20 degrees!! The install went pretty smooth and I was thinking about making a detailed set of instructions to sell if anybodies interested. Going through the process to install the gauge, wires to splice into, drill and tap sizes, etc., all the way to how, where, and amount to increase your fuel. NO WARRANTIES of course because i cannot be responsible for others units and/or shape/condition before enhancements. Instructions would allow you to increase fuel to a SAFE operating range based on my knowledge and experience, if you increase fuel past that, it could potentially run too hot and burn a valve, melt a piston, etc.; hence why no warranty is included. Basically I'd sell a detailed set of instructions that allows you to run your gator with the EGT gauge and more fuel. All you would need to buy is an EGT gauge package(package usually includes gauge, lead wires, mounting hardware, and pyrometer probe) sold from isspro, autometer, etc. I used one I had from a pick-up truck, PPE brand.

Anyway just posting this to see if anybody would be interested in purchasing. Part throttle seems to be more responsive but high end is same as I HAVE NOT increased max rpm, though it is possible. I've posted a few pics so you can see my work. I'll also be adding a turbocharger to my Gator at some point(not soon) and if I get positive results with it and enough demand, I may sell kits later on.

*FYI* I've also installed 1.3" spacers into my front end. If this generates enough interest, I'll gather up a kit with instructions and sell that too. All seems safe with it, brake lines have enough slack, and it only changed the front drive shafts angle 6 degrees!

Was not able to upload my pictures so I've provided a link. Sorry.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2147326#post2147326

WOEII
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Ok, I see you have something here...but what performance #'s are you pulling over stock besides "added fuel and smoke" output?