PDA

View Full Version : Poly Cab Installed

jonny2guns4u
01-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I got my Poly Cab Install Finished this morning. It took all in all about 4 hours to intall. I did it by myself and took my time not to scratch anything or mar up the screw and bolt heads. I'm obsessive/compulsive that way.

It isn't a percise fit but they give various places to make adjustments. It looks pretty good. The doors close a little rough but that is because of the foam rubber seals.

The only other beef I have with the install is the Back Panel. I am assuming it was designed long before the 825i was. There is an little nubbin sticking up on the plastic cover piece under the OPS on the 825i. I measured and notched the Back Panel so it could seat all the way down where is is suppose to. If interested I can take a picture of it later.

Attached are a few pics.

John

m38inmaine
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Great job, should keep you much warmer while plowing. Curious how much the complete poly cab costs, I paid $3,734 for my deluxe cab system. Still waiting for my doors to arrive. Again, nice install.

Mark

jonny2guns4u
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Great job, should keep you much warmer while plowing. Curious how much the complete poly cab costs, I paid $3,734 for my deluxe cab system. Still waiting for my doors to arrive. Again, nice install.

Mark

Mark,

Without pulling out the Paperwork, it's hard to tell. I got the Roof and Windshield with Delivery. The Poly Cab Kit includes the Doors, Back and Filler Panels. The Kit Retial is $1912 plus tax. I got them for $1926 out the door. I worked over the Salesman pretty good I thought. They say "There isn't much wiggle room with these." It looks as if JD doesn't discount Parts and Accessories much.

I didn't pay Retail for the XUV either. With it "Decked Out" all the Extras including the Plow, Insurance and 3 year Warranty I was out the door at 18k. I will probably add some more lighting. But I don't like the looks of the OPS Light Kit (BM22524). I am hoping the Work Light Kit (BM21651 and BM21652) can be adapted to the Poly Roof. I also would like to add the Deluxe Light Kit (BM22677) and the Horn Kit (BM22978). But that is almost another $900 Retail.

John

jonny2guns4u
01-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Mark,

I added it up and it looks like about $3400. With that said there were a few reasons I decided to go with the Poly Cab over the Deluxe Cab. They are as follows.

Poly Cab isn't as heavy.
Gives the Riders a little more room.
Has matching Camo Roof
Doesn't require Heater (Doesn't seal at tight) This is also a negitive.
and I just like the look better. Allhough I think the Deluxe Cab is a nicer fit and without a doubt more comercially designed.

John

snowboss
01-06-2011, 11:00 AM
how about the snowplow pics? I am a snowplow guy. nice job on the cab!!

95huskers
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
John,

Did you have any trouble with the door latches being extremely tight? Like...too tight to open from the inside without someone pushing on the door outside to relieve some of the pressure so you could slide the latch? I just mounted a cab like this but the doors shut so tight you can't open them from the inside without pushing on the outside of the door. On a positive note, it creates one heckuva seal!

825joe
03-19-2011, 09:03 AM
wow! That looks awsome! I think I am gonna start savin' up

flu_byu
03-19-2011, 03:24 PM

Mark

i guess i aint the only guy waiting for a deluxe cab ,,, my 825i showed up 2 weeks ago and i still havent drivin it,,,,sucks ,,, i aslo ordered the heater with the deluxe cab paid 5000 bucks for it . I hope its worth the money and the wait ,, an air conditioner would be nice to ,,,

Deputy347k9
03-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Nice looking kit, 4 hours for the install does not seem that bad. Looks factory also. As I age I try to keep my tired butt out of the rain, moving south to avoid the show. As we love to metal detect is the big reason we upgraded to the 2011 825I. I purchased a custom built 7X14 aluminum V nose trailer just to hall the girl in. I do believe I want the poly top though to keep the sun off the head. The machine I purchased has only a few extras, like the upgraded bed, tail lights and protectors, rear metal screen as well as the lift body, brush guards and floor mats. I keep waiting for someone to sell of stock steel wheels and tires so I can keep a spare or two in the trailer.

With snow here in Maine I have not even picked up the XUV from Hall's John Deere as of yet. Like Joe I am very anal about my equipment, nothing sets outside ever.

Take care.

BarnDoor
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
That cab looks awesome!

gatorxuv620i
03-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Very nice install jonny!!! Looks Great!!

Brad
09-09-2011, 05:22 PM
John,

Would love to see more pics and any install tips. Just picked doors and rear window kit up at dealer. Tool list to gather prior to start-up?

Thanks,
Brad

Landscaper
09-10-2011, 12:37 AM
yea lets seem some pictures!!

jonny2guns4u
09-12-2011, 09:21 PM
John,

Would love to see more pics and any install tips. Just picked doors and rear window kit up at dealer. Tool list to gather prior to start-up?

Thanks,
Brad

The one thing I ran into that the Install Instructions didn't mention was this. I could not get the back section of the Cab to seat correctly on the plastic Cover Plate under the Bed. I had to notch the Rear Panel to fit correctly. There is a bump in the Plate that must not be on the older models of the Gator. Either that or I just didn't read the Instructions correctly. But everything else fit pretty good. I have added pics to explain better.

jonny2guns4u
09-12-2011, 09:26 PM
John,

Did you have any trouble with the door latches being extremely tight? Like...too tight to open from the inside without someone pushing on the door outside to relieve some of the pressure so you could slide the latch? I just mounted a cab like this but the doors shut so tight you can't open them from the inside without pushing on the outside of the door. On a positive note, it creates one heckuva seal!

The Doors were really tight at first. As the paint wore off they got easier. They are still tight but they will open and close without slamming or using two hands to pull back the latch.

shootamc58
09-13-2011, 10:01 AM
That looks awesome!! I doubt i'll do a cab right away, but once i do some heavy plowing, I'll probably change my tune.

m8man
09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
What kind of plow do you have and what width is it?

m8man

oliver
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Just got my poly cab installed on 855D last night. Took a bit of fitting & adjustment, overall an easy install. Pros: It's WARM Cons: It's NOISY. (The diesel doesn't help...)

Question - Has anyone made an attempt at sound reduction on the poly cab? There seems to be a lot of products - foam, felt, self-adhesive stuff - anyone have experience with these? Are there commercial soundproofing kits available?

jandrold
12-23-2011, 03:58 PM
jhonny2guns4yu. What snow plow did you install? I see you still have your brush guard on. I Have the powertach and the mounts required me to remove the guard.

Regulator
12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Just got my poly cab installed on 855D last night. Took a bit of fitting & adjustment, overall an easy install. Pros: It's WARM Cons: It's NOISY. (The diesel doesn't help...)

Question - Has anyone made an attempt at sound reduction on the poly cab? There seems to be a lot of products - foam, felt, self-adhesive stuff - anyone have experience with these? Are there commercial soundproofing kits available?

Oliver...I have a Poly Cab on my 825i and it is loud as hell too....so I just figured out my own way to deal with the sound...it's called "sound diversion"...I just ordered an AM/FM/CD/WB radio to be installed up at the roof...I'm just gonna turn the tunes up loud enough to drown out the engine/cab/air filter noises...it should be at the dealership either now or in a day or two...they will install that, install the wiring for my new reciever mounted Warn XT30 winch, and are going to check the machine over for me...

Not to be funny, but I've looked for sound reducing myself and haven't found anything, or heard of anyone tell of anything that worked real good...it's like we have to just live with it for now until something comes along that will work...then, when it comes back home, I have a new Cobra CB radio that I am gonna mount up at the roof somewhere too...I'm going to have more noise going on it that thing that I'll have to keep the back siding glass window open to let some of it out...

You know...if you can't beat 'em...join 'em...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and welcome to the forum!!!....you can see pics of my ride in the "Intro" section under "Newbie from Maryland"....

Larry in MD

Regulator
12-23-2011, 09:29 PM
jhonny2guns4yu. What snow plow did you install? I see you still have your brush guard on. I Have the powertach and the mounts required me to remove the guard.

I'm not Jonny2guns, but I still have my brush guard on the front with my plow...I have the standard 72" plow that has the hydraulic lift that stays mounted on the plow...the cylinder hooks onto that little mount on the crossbar of my brush guard....it's hydraulic lift, but you have to angle it manually...you can see it pictured in my "Newbie from MD" post in the Intro's section...if you want to know anything else, feel free to ask...

Hope that helped...didn't mean to butt in on someone else's post...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend...

Larry in MD

oliver
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey Larry,

Not a bad idea - overcome any way you can! The tunes could come in real handy, leaning towards XM as I have it on the iPhone - could just plug into installed system.

I use my Gator for all the normal stuff - cutting wood, hauling gear, etc - but one use I have for it is giving Seniors rides around the property as a way to get out and relax. I'm sure the tunes would be much appreciated by my passenger.

Enjoy the rest of the Holiday Season!

Oliver

jonny2guns4u
12-27-2011, 08:13 PM

I've got the PowerTach 72'' with all the Hydraulics. The Dealer put it on but the mounting brackets just bolt on to existing holes. The Brush Guard doesn't come into play at all. I'll try to get some pics up later.

jandrold
12-28-2011, 11:19 AM
waiting for those pic's. I really would like to put the brush guard back on.

Jim O.
USMC Ret.

m8man
12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
john,

did u order ur cab from the deere dealer???

m8man

jonny2guns4u
12-29-2011, 09:23 PM
jandrold,
Here are some pics. The 4 Brass color bolts are holding on the top Plow Mounts. I added a pic of the Plow, is your the Plow the same?

m8man,
yes.

jandrold
12-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Yes same plow. It looks like you have diffrent bolts holding the bottom of the brush guard on, thats where I hav a clearance problem. I could get shorter nuts and cut the carrage bolts shorter. Thanks

Jim O.
USMC Ret.

agb
12-30-2011, 11:11 AM
That is really cool. My dad just bought one like yours except olive green and I bouhgt a boss snow plow. Other than that have the same machine (it is still in Reese MI at the dealership but coming home soon). Have you plowed snow with it yet?

jonny2guns4u
12-30-2011, 09:20 PM
That is really cool. My dad just bought one like yours except olive green and I bouhgt a boss snow plow. Other than that have the same machine (it is still in Reese MI at the dealership but coming home soon). Have you plowed snow with it yet?

If you are asking me, yes. Last Winter. These things have a ton of power. It really pushes snow well. I wish I would have waited for the Boss. I love the idea of the V-Plow for the first pass. But I'm thinking after that the V won't come into play.

agb
12-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Great looking machine. My dad ordered one just like your except olive. We still do not have it (bought it from Tri County in Reese Michigan) because we are waiting for cab, doors etc. I bought a boss snow plow from another dealer and really am excited to plow snow with that vs. my backhoe. I do question though the ability of that machine to push a plow that big. Have you had any expierence with the plow yet?

agb
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
I guess Im screwing up. I couldn't find my post and now i see it twice and yes I was asking you Jonny2guns. Great looking ride you have.

agb
12-31-2011, 08:14 AM
I opted for just the straight boss. Was a little cheaper and I thought the same thing with the vee (first pass only)

jonny2guns4u
12-31-2011, 08:20 AM
I opted for just the straight boss. Was a little cheaper and I thought the same thing with the vee (first pass only)

agb,

Central Michigan... I went to Frakenmuth once. You get more snow than we get here in West Cebtral Ohio. Most of the time anyway. Again, I can't believe the ammout of snow these things will push.