Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Take a look behind the front wheels of your...

Take a look behind the front wheels of your Gator. You should see the shaft coming out the back of the wheel and two black rubber boots. Inspect the boots for holes or cracks. They keep grease in...
  2. Thread: New XUV590i

by Dane
    Replies
    Views

Define "best value". For a proper brand name...

Define "best value". For a proper brand name light that you won't have to worry about I'd go with Rigid brand lights especially if you will using the Gator in the rain. I've have been using them...
  3. Replies
    Views

Nice photos. I think a lot of people forget that...

Nice photos. I think a lot of people forget that the Gators originally were work vehicles and the play part is a recent addition.
  4. Very nice carrier. I visited your blog and it...

Very nice carrier.

I visited your blog and it made me think I need to go to the Netherlands once in summer. I'm familiar with November - February weather but it might be nice to once see fields...
  5. Thread: Used Gators

by Dane
    Replies
    Views

I think a lot has to do with the type of vehicle....

I think a lot has to do with the type of vehicle. It's not like a car that gets damaged in a wreck and leaves a lot of good usable parts on the market. There isn't much that damages your type Gator...
  6. Replies
    Views

Can you describe more how "you can feel it shift...

Can you describe more how "you can feel it shift into gear"? If moving the shift lever feels like it used to then I suspect you have a clutch problem.

If you are having trouble with the Gator not...
  7. Thread: Front Mud Flaps?

by Dane
    Replies
    Views

I made some out of sheet plastic for my 550. I...

I made some out of sheet plastic for my 550. I held up a piece of cardboard to trace out the shape I wanted. Cut the cardboard to test the fit then used it as a template for the plastic. You could...
  8. Replies
    Views

I was about to post then I checked and see you...

I was about to post then I checked and see you are following on the other forum. I am very curious to see pictures about the engine and who makes it. 586cc inline twin, liquid cooled making 32hp. ...
  9. Thread: 8)

by Dane
    Replies
    Views

There's always one in every crowd.

There's always one in every crowd.
  10. Replies
    Views

I just wanted you to be aware that you might not...

I just wanted you to be aware that you might not get a ton of replies as most of our toys are larger.
  11. Replies
    Views

This a forum for the real, adult sized Gators. ...

This a forum for the real, adult sized Gators.

I've helped several friends and family get used electric toy ones running. In most cases they just needed a battery and it's easy to hack them to...
  12. Replies
    Views

Most commonly it's one of two things or both. ...

Most commonly it's one of two things or both. First check to make sure the engine is not idling too fast. If the idle speed is correct then the other fix is to replace the drive clutch. A no cost...
  13. Replies
    Views

It turned out to not be a broken cable. The pin...

It turned out to not be a broken cable. The pin connecting the cable to the brake was missing.

On the plus side I have been wondering for a long time why there were two cables going to the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Winches are very basic. There are two wires. As...

Winches are very basic. There are two wires. As long as you get a 12 VDC winch that consumes about the same amount of power your existing wiring should be good.

When I was shopping for winches...
  15. Replies
    Views

One thing I find helpful are some "critter...

One thing I find helpful are some "critter straps" I sewed up out of 1" webbing. I sewed a loop in both ends of a piece of webbing. You thread the strap through one of the loops forming a choker...
  16. I've altered my 12v cigarette socket. I gave it...

I've altered my 12v cigarette socket. I gave it heavier wiring and fuse to make it a proper 15amp source for my heated window defogger. I just use a USB adapter plugged into the cigarette port...
  17. Replies
    Views

Swamp Buggy Ride from Hell

I've been down in Florida hunting. After a very successful morning hog hunting several of us were kicked back relaxing. B who owns the swamp buggy asked if we wanted to go for a ride. We all pile on....
  18. Replies
    Views

If I had mod privileges there would be a lot of...

If I had mod privileges there would be a lot of deleting and banning going on. It's just crapping up the forum. When I first came here it seemed to get more posts than the other forum. Now I check...
  19. Replies
    Views

Installation is surprisingly easy if you have a...

Installation is surprisingly easy if you have a comfy shop to work. Jack the Gator up and support it securely. Remove the wheel. Then unbolt the suspension components. Then I think it's a sharp...
  20. Replies
    Views

The parking brake and regular brakes are totally...

The parking brake and regular brakes are totally different systems and in no way related. The regular brakes are sorta similar to a car where a hydraulic master cylinder at top of the pedal on the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Since there have been complaints that the 825...

Since there have been complaints that the 825 rev's too high when driving around I wanted to point out that there is a trade off if you change the spring. A lighter spring will allow the clutch to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Heck, the way you are going through it I'm...

Heck, the way you are going through it I'm waiting to see pictures of the crank & cam.
  23. Replies
    Views

I know what you mean about axle seals. I...

I know what you mean about axle seals. I replaced one on my father's Artic Cat. It was a real bugger to get in as it was a much tighter fit than I anticipated. It just doesn't seem right to go for...
  24. Replies
    Views

WOW! I am amazed that you even attempted that...

WOW! I am amazed that you even attempted that and even more surprised that it came out so well. Are you nearing the end of "things that need to be done" for your Gator?
  25. Replies
    Views

Boy you are having a spat of bad luck. Doing...

Boy you are having a spat of bad luck.

Doing work like you are doing is tough if you are not doing it all the time. You hate to spend the money for high quality, specialized tools because you may...
Page 1 of 2 1 2