Thread: 4 Gator HPX's and not happy

Thanks

Unhappy 4 Gator HPX's and not happy

I Work for a park Dept and we have had gators almost since they started selling them. We now have 4 HPX models and none of them have ever run really well, same carb problems they have always had. The Dealer tried to straighten them out with newer style carbs and adj. when new but nothing has really helped much. These are 2006 models,they didn't come out with fuel injection till after we bought these.

Thanks
    It was explained to me at my JD dealership that gasers need a good hard running. On and off all day short bursts just kills the carb AND FI units. Adding an additive might help for gunk buildup.

Your not going to have these type issues with a diesel. Am also suprised that your park service did not go to diesel type units.

Hope this is a good lead for you.

Thanks
    What ever you do DONT put fuel injector like lucas into your gas because it screws everything up to the point to where it wont hardly run. Father thought it would be a great idea... ended up draining gas 2 times and running a can of carb cleaner through it to clear things up. Haha kinda funny in the end. Keep us posted on what you use and if it helps!!

Thanks
    https://thegatorguy.net/index.html

I ran accross him in my searches. He says he has a fix for you. Maybe shoot him an email or call and find out what he proposes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jspec View Post
    https://thegatorguy.net/index.html

I ran accross him in my searches. He says he has a fix for you. Maybe shoot him an email or call and find out what he proposes.
    Thanks for that link, I may send him a email!! Im having the stumbling issue too.
    2005 HPX Gator
    2005 JD 797 Z-Turn & 2009 JD 997 Z-Turn
    2007 JD 2305 & 2008 JD 2520 w/ lots of toys!!
    1998 Toro 455D