Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muffler Silencer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asp View Post
    Dynamat might be a product that you could apply

Thanks
    Here is the GF's muffler silencer. Just lifted it last night.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    LeonardS, Sounds like a plan. Let me know what you use and how it works.

Thanks
    LeonardS, Let me know what you use and how it works. I will do the same.

Thanks
    I am definitely gonna be trying the Dynamat on my 825i with the Poly Cab...I want to line the back section under the sliding glass window, the entire floor, the entire lower portion of the Poly doors, and maybe even under the dump bed if that looks feasable once I look under there...

Along with decreasing noise levels of the engine, I'm sure it will also keep the Poly Cab from "vibrating" or "thumping" from wind and such...those with Poly Cabs will know what I mean when I say "vibrating and thumping" from the wind...it's just because the plastic is thin enough in the walls to go in and out with the wind and bumpy terrain...the DynaMat should take most of that away...I am hoping so anyway!!!

Now that I am thinking about it, I get alot of noise from the Poly Cab up around the roof where it meets the back panel above the sliding rear window...so, I am going to try to get some of the DynaMat placed up there over top of the roll bars too...that should help with making the roof a tighter fit to the rollbars while stopping the thumping sounds also...

That's a great tip that I didn't think about until I saw it posted up on here...thanx to whoever it was...maybe Osiris???...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Smeg, I would love to see a picture of your finished project. I too am looking for ways to make my gator more quiet. Jason.

Thanks
    i know whenever i get home to line my truck with the dynamat if i have any left the gator is getting a few layers, and metered before and after, day 44 at work lookn foward to a few days off...

Thanks

Pic of Koplin

This is a temp setup to test it out, however it does give me/you something to go off of.
    IMG_0275.jpgIMG_0276.jpgIMG_0243.jpg

Thanks
    Osiris...have you tried the dynamat? Whats interesting if you run with the bed up its actually relatively quiet. There is alot of noise that echos against the bed and gives it a throaty sound.....

Thanks
    ive used dynamat and others in vehicles to quiet trunk rattle and road/engine noise it does make a big diffrence just havent had a chance to put any on the gator but ive got a bunch of it in the shop, put one layer on everything if your happy with it stop there but if not apply mutiple layers, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 layers depends on the severity of the noise,but you prob wouldnt notice a sound diffrence from the outside of the cab, i bet one of the silencers that smeg has tough would be good for hunting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast