Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horn Kit

Thanks

Horn Kit

Hey Guys,

Anybody install the Horn Kit in thier 2011 825i yet? I got the kit today and unless I'm an idiot (which I don't think so, as I'm the Geek that reads the entire Installation Instructions before I even begin.)

There is a strap that is attached to the Horn and you are suppose to replace it with a longer thicker strap. There is just no way I saw this working. I ended up using the original strap and then had to modify (bend an angle in it) in the vise for the Horn to mount where they say it should go. Just an FYI.

Oh, BTW just so you guys know. The Horn Kit Picture shows a push button, which I assume goes in the knock-out hole on the left side of the stearing wheel. However upon opening the kit tonight it came with a Rocker Switch that went in one of the rectangle knock-outs on the Panel. This is okay as there are several however I have all mine filled up now and I have nowhere to put another switch. There is no way I can get the Long Range Light Kit. I have 4x4, Horn, Main Lights, Adventure Lights and Hazards. I guess JD thinks you will get the Adventure or Long Range. Or maybe they assume that if you want all the off road options you won't want the Turns/Hazards. Who knows. I just wish they would have used the hole on the left and left me the option for another light kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Cool! I also want to install the horn kit on my 825i, how long did it take for the install and can you hear the horn from a fair distance?

Thanks

Horn

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    Cool! I also want to install the horn kit on my 825i, how long did it take for the install and can you hear the horn from a fair distance?
    About 10-15 Minutes and it's pretty loud!

I got the Horn because the cows are use to the Gator being in the pasture now and they will just stand there without a little nudge of some sort. In the past I had to install horns on both my quads for the exact same reason.

The Gator is GREAT for Fence Mending, Retrieving a Calf or just general browsing of the Heard. However for driving the cattle up to the barn or cutting calves from the heard the quad is much more manuverable. I would guess a horse would be even better but I don't have one of those.
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Hey if you don't like not having any more spaces for extra stuff like lights you could always order a push button for the horn for the older 620i model. It will work then you can have an extra space. Just thought id throw that thought out there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorxuv620i View Post
    Hey if you don't like not having any more spaces for extra stuff like lights you could always order a push button for the horn for the older 620i model. It will work then you can have an extra space. Just thought id throw that thought out there.
    Yeah, I thought of that but I think it's a shame that they sent the Rocker type when the Knock-Out is there for the Push-Button type. Just a way to sell more parts I guess.
    Jonny2guns4u

Thanks
    I just ordered an air horn for mine. As soon as I finish my radio/speaker installation write up I will do a horn one.

Thanks
    Horn from salvage yard $3.00, Push button switch from auto store $6.50, wiring supplies $2-3.00 and you can get about any horn you want.

Thanks
    How much is the horn kit from JD?

Thanks
    $85.00 clams!

Thanks
    TOO MUCH $85!

But I have to say JD makes rugged stuff. I love thier Wiring Harnesses. They always add a pigtail to add additional stuff later.
    Jonny2guns4u

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast