Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horn Kit

Thanks
    I installed my horn kit yesterday. I did not have a problem using the long strap. The horn fit with no room to spare (less than 1/16 of an inch on each side). I have allready ran out of room on my dash and don't have anywhere to put the horn switch that they sent. I have the 4X4 switch, headlights, long range lights. adventure lights, and the hazard switch. I looked at cutting the small hole to the left of the sterring wheel out big enough so the switch that they sent would fit but there is a round metal bar behind the dash which is right in the way. I looked at the old 620i horn switch but I dont think it is fair to pay $24.50 for it after just dropping $85.00 for the kit. If they would have just sent the switch that is pictured with the kit we would not be having this problem.

Help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
    I installed my horn kit yesterday. I did not have a problem using the long strap. The horn fit with no room to spare (less than 1/16 of an inch on each side). I have allready ran out of room on my dash and don't have anywhere to put the horn switch that they sent. I have the 4X4 switch, headlights, long range lights. adventure lights, and the hazard switch. I looked at cutting the small hole to the left of the sterring wheel out big enough so the switch that they sent would fit but there is a round metal bar behind the dash which is right in the way. I looked at the old 620i horn switch but I dont think it is fair to pay $24.50 for it after just dropping $85.00 for the kit. If they would have just sent the switch that is pictured with the kit we would not be having this problem.

Help
    Can you take some pics so I can see how you mounted it. As you can see in my pic I used the shorter one that came on the horn and bent it so the horn would sit vertical to the ground.
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    This is the horn that I use on my motorcycle and used by motorcycle riders around the world. It's so loud I even dislike using it when riding the bike, but it will get other attention right quick, Stebel.

https://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDAQ8wIwAg#

John
    Last edited by trainman; 04-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Hey, that is what I ordered for mine. lol Should be here today but I gotta work on a bike when I get home and not the Gator.

Thanks
    is it necessary to get the $20.00 installation kit with the relay ?

Thanks
    CaptDan, if you are talking about the Stebel Horn, I'm not sure because I just replaced the horn on my BMW GS with this horn and all worked fine. I'm pretty sure that horns should have a relay, but it slips my mind as why, I think it has to do with the horn button and burning the contacts out in the button. You could just order the Horn Wiring Harness from JD and use whatever horn you wish, don't know the harness price, maybe high.

John

Thanks
    Sort of like fogs lights. You don't really want all that current running up through your dash. The relay allows you to use minimal current to turn the relay on which will draw the larger current needed to power lights or larger horns. You can buy just the relay at auto parts stores for around $5-$6 but ya still gotta have wire and connectors. $20 for the kit doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks
    Ok I got my horn. Looked around a little bit to see where I might mount it. I didn't really see a good place yet. My horn came with the relay. It didn't say that when I ordered but it did. No wires. Just the horn and relay.

Thanks
    Let us know what you think of it when you get it installed.

John

Thanks
    I plugged it into a car battery the other day. It is plenty loud. I think my cows will hear it. lol I haven't had a chance to find a place to mount it on the Gator yet but I am getting ready to order the Chrome version to put on my bike now. Where does the Deere horn get mounted on these things?

I got the Wolo horn. I thought I had gotten the Stebel horn. They look almost identical to me. OH, and mine did come with the relay but no wiring. I will just go to Advance Auto and get a small push button momentary switch for a horn button.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-Model-419...4079648&sr=8-1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast