Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaking bed

Thanks

Squeaking bed

Have had the new 825 a couple of days nearly 8 hours on it. The sound of that engine is kick *** . Have a terrible squeak under the bed sounds like rubber on metal, anyone have any ideas? The 620 was a good machine for me but this unit surpasses it by far.

Mark

Thanks
    Here is where we discussed this before. Mine was doing the same exact thing. It quit on its own now. I guess whatever it was has worn in.
    https://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum...ghlight=squeak

Thanks
    I have the same problem. Started at about 5 hours. Now have 14 hours on my gator, still squeaks but not nearly as bad. Glad to hear it might eventually stop completely.

Thanks
    i have the same issued, started when i received it, now have about 25 hrs on it and still squeaks. I have stopped it pretty much by using a stretchy tie down strap from the bed to the frame.

Thanks
    Sounds like this is a common problem. purplewg thanks for the past reference I will check that strip out tomorrow.

Mark

Thanks
    Mine was the little plastic strip running across the front of the bed. It was about 1/16 of an inch too long. I was going to file/cut it down but is has quit on its own. I tried pads between the bed and the frame to no avail. Also when I got mine it two men and boy to pull the bed release lever. I readjusted and that seemed to help also. It was WAY too tight.

Thanks
    As you all get older the bed won't squeak nor rattle and roll as much as it does when your young!

Thanks
    I have noticed mine quieted down as well.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    I have the power dump 825i and complained to my dealer about the squeak as it was getting louder after the first five hours. He said when I lower the bed to allow it to draw up tighter by over running the power button after the bed is down. I think it did help, but it still squeaks.
    God's best work - Michigan's Upper Peninsula

Thanks
    I retired from Chevrolet Motor Division, one of the biggest complaints was when the rear sliding window in the pickup cab was open you could hear several noises coming form the bed area through the window, close the window and you hear nothing. Just close the rear window on the Gator, this should take care of this problem, if you have no rear window, get one.
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast