Thread: whats a good rear light for the gator?

Thanks

whats a good rear light for the gator?

I have a new gator 825i on order and was wanting to get a rear light for it. I was thinking of mounting one up near the top of the back screen to light up the bed and behind me when I am backing up at night? I am not very good at all when it comes to electrical or automotive stuff so I was wondering if there is a good kit I could buy that would be easy to install?

Thanks
    Light kits are easy to install, the bigger and brighter the light the installation will be somewhat different as well as the cost. Some require relays in the light harness, this will control the amount of electricity going through the on-off switch, (prevents switch burn out). Most driving light kit sold will have all the installation hardware in the kit, plus the instruction on how to wire the kit, all you will need is to locate and hookup the harness to the Gators 12v power supply. I purchased two kits on e-bay, one for the front and one for the rear for $40.00 each and I have plenty of light for night work, I mounted the lights in the roll cage brackets on top where the holes in the corner brackets are. With the rear lights mounted where they are up high you will also get light in the bed which you wanted. If you wanted to not use a relay in the light hookup, go with LED lights as they draw very little current, but will cost more. Most of us on this forum take our lights serious, all have their own ideas on what they want, I only spent around $100.00 for everything, but some spend hundreds for special lights to get what they want. Good Luck on your new 825i, mine came with backup light from the factory, I thought they were standard equipment.

Here are the ones I bought, https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-HID...mZ230657980720

John
    Last edited by trainman; 08-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    I had the dealer install a mid-range light kit on the back which attach to the poly roof. Great lights. Since mine was new, I didn't want to do it myself. Pretty inexpensive add-on. I also had them put a set on the front of the poly roof with a set of long-range installed in the grill. Enjoy your new toy. They are great machines.

Thanks
    I looked at the link trainman posted and I find it funny how the sellers on ebay call them HID Halogen. They can't be both. One or the other. Either HID or Halogen..

I think I will just put a LED utility light on the back once I get around to it.

Thanks
    I put LED stick-up lights in the cab area, stuck them overhead where the X-rails are bolted together. Gives good light and about $5 each at Home Depot.

John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood