Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard to get out of gear!

Thanks
    Dealer just called and said my Gator is working just fine for him. I told him to drive it around stop it about three feet from a concrete wall, step in front of it and wait. I asked if I should have to take the palm of my hand smack the Hello out of the shifter to get it in and out of gear. Idiots.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    My 825i has gotten so hard to shift in and out of gear, now it is locked up and you can't shift it. Dealer knew of this problem and will pick it up this Friday for repairs. Does anyone know of where the manufacturing date was for the models affected under the DTAC, I guess since I have the extended warranty doesn't really make any difference.

John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    Picked up my 855D this morning, test drove it around the property prior to loading it, drove better than new (mine was hard to shift from delivery). Got both clutches and belt replaced under the DTAC and warrenty. Its still loaded on the trailer, so I will be playing with it tomorrow.

Halsey

Thanks
    My 2011 825i had the same hard to shift issues from the beginning. This gradually got so bad I was bending the shifter trying to get it out of gear, and when I would drive, it started popping out of gear. I handed that dtac to my dealer and they replaced the clutch... It shifts better than the day I bought it now!! Thanks again to all who contribute and share dtac solutions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Txcoastjason View Post
    My 2011 825i had the same hard to shift issues from the beginning. This gradually got so bad I was bending the shifter trying to get it out of gear, and when I would drive, it started popping out of gear. I handed that dtac to my dealer and they replaced the clutch... It shifts better than the day I bought it now!! Thanks again to all who contribute and share dtac solutions.

Txcoastjason,

Were did you get a copy of the DTAC? I've searched here and all over the Internet and can't find it.

Thanks,
    Last edited by jonny2guns4u; 11-12-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    Txcoastjason,

Were did you get a copy of the DTAC? I've searched here and all over the Internet and can't find it.

Thanks,
    Solution Number: 87518

Solution Summary: Driveline Noise While Driving or in Neutral - 625i, 825i, and 855D

Publication Date: Jan 4 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom :
    A noise similar to knocking can be heard from the floorboard area between the driver and passenger. The noise is present in neutral or while driving with the engine around 3,300 rpm's.

Problem or Situation :
    The drive shaft (AM138106) which connects the EMFWD to the transmission produces a noise while at certain engine speeds (typically from 3,000 - 3,800 rpm).

Solution :
    If the sound is only noticed while moving at slow speeds, make sure the battery tray is not touching the drive shaft. Refer to DTAC solution 87470 for more information.

If the battery tray is not contacting the drive shaft verify the 2 pillow block bearings (VGA10089) securing the drive shaft are tight. If noise is still present, remove the drive shaft and inspect the two pillow block bearings. While the drive shaft is out of the machine test to verify the noise is gone. If the noise is not present, replace the two pillow block bearings. If the new bearings do not fix the noise, replace the entire drive shaft. Please report results to DTAC by opening a Report Only DTAC case.

If the noise continues without the drive shaft installed from the above procedure, open a DTAC case and report all tests and results.

Additional Information :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

825i, 625i, 855D

<hr size=2 width="100%" noshade color=black align=center>

FRONT, SHAFT, KNOCK, NOISE, DRIVE, CCE PT, 1001

Solution Number: 88455

Solution Summary: Driveline Noise - Front Differential Gears Not In Spec. - 625i/825i/855D

Publication Date: Jan 27 2011

**Paper copies of solutions may not be the most current solutions**

Complaint or Symptom :
    A grinding or growling noise can be heard from the front differential while traveling at varying speeds.

Problem or Situation :
    The ring or pinion gear may have been warped during manufacturing. This could cause variations in gear contact which can produce noise such as grinding or growling.

Solution :
    Verify the backlash is set correctly by referring to the procedure listed in DTAC solution 88343. If the backlash does not fix the sound open a DTAC case.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nit4fun View Post
    Your problem is in your clutch, there is a DTAC solution that covers your problem. If your machine is still under warranty take it to your dealer, the solution is a new clutch. I fixed one the other day that was out of warranty by aggressively sanding the slides that the clutch spider contacts. The solution number is 89966.
    Thanks Purplewg but I was refering to this response. My 2011 has progressively been getting harder and harder to shift into gear. Lately (especially when cold) the CVT really hesitates to lock up. I have to give it allot or pedal then once it does, it really jumps. I was thinking the belt might be glazed or something but it might be something more.
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    Thanks Purplewg but I was refering to this response. My 2011 has progressively been getting harder and harder to shift into gear. Lately (especially when cold) the CVT really hesitates to lock up. I have to give it allot or pedal then once it does, it really jumps. I was thinking the belt might be glazed or something but it might be something more.

Oops, sorry. I guess I didn't see that part. You have the DTAC number correct but I don't have any info on it. If yours is under warranty they will replace the clutch. That is what they did to mine.

Thanks
    LOCKED UP IN GEAR

The dealer replaced the clutch and belt on my 855D @ no charge with 90 hrs under the DTEC.
    Every thing working -

Thanks
    I know this is an older thread but if you look, you can see I had mine in a while back and they "fixed" it. Well, now months later I can hardly get it from FWD to neutral without jamming it all the way into reverse. If in reverse I have to push so hard, I jam it into forward. Maybe they did not replace the clutch? Maybe just cleaned? I need to take it in again but dang the dealer is 70 miles away. PITA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast