Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Steering available in Feb.

Thanks

Power Steering available in Feb.

My dealer is at a a gator training conference or seminar currently and he emailed me today and said that JD told him that power steering will be available in February of 2012. Add on price for this option he says is around 800.00.

Update to above: Apparently this is not going to be offered as a kit to add to exsiting gators. This is what an JD engineer told him.

Will have to wait and see!
    Last edited by trussman; 11-10-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks
    This is also same info that I have. Was also told would not retro fit. Will have to wait and see what unit they use or if they mfg. their own unit and if frame or if racks will be changed.May be that they can work just may have to order part by part as no kit may be available for dealer to install. I have installed unisteer units on two 625 units. Units are not very hard to install but does take about four hours to install. They are also in the 800 to 1000 dollar range.

Thanks
    You know I never really thought that much about Power steering but my wife would like it. However today I finalized putting a Boss snow blade on the gator and now I might want to reconsider....smile.

Thanks
    I have a Boss V-Plow on mine and after trying to manhandle it last winter I had a power steering unit installed on my 825i last month. Right hand steers, left hand holds plow control and shifts transmission. Without power steering and the plow raised, it was very difficult to steer one handed and I'm not a little guy.

Thanks
    Any new rumors on the release date for 2012 yr model 825i? Changes from 2011? Holding off on '11 model purchase in anticipation of tilt steering for 2012. Dealers seem to be holding their cards close.

Thanks

My new 825 just came in Monday the paper work shows it being a 2012. I put the UniSteer power steering unit on it yesterday. It took about 3hrs. Works sweet. Hardest part was getting the steering wheel off. Nice looking unit and heavy built. Deere's P.S. is a rumor now but I'm sure it will come. When is the question. Heard they were having problems getting it right.
    Last edited by Joedirt; 12-08-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks
    Talked to Fosters...nothing for 1st 1/2 of 2012

Thanks
    I spoke with a John Deere rep at the Sunbelt Expo and they reported the problem getting power steering on the Gator is the supply chain. The parts will be coming from China and the manufacturer has not proven reliable. They have found a reputable manufacturer now and expect the product in the field by Spring. They also reported there would be no retrofit for prior versions of the Gator. Perhaps we can part build it as stated by a previous member or maybe the UniSteer model will be similarly priced. One day MAYBE - Made in USA - will sink in to us Americans. Hopefully, before the ship sinks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDFlowers View Post
    I spoke with a John Deere rep at the Sunbelt Expo and they reported the problem getting power steering on the Gator is the supply chain. The parts will be coming from China and the manufacturer has not proven reliable. They have found a reputable manufacturer now and expect the product in the field by Spring. They also reported there would be no retrofit for prior versions of the Gator. Perhaps we can part build it as stated by a previous member or maybe the UniSteer model will be similarly priced. One day MAYBE - Made in USA - will sink in to us Americans. Hopefully, before the ship sinks.

So when you say that it will be in the "Field" by spring, you mean they will be sitting on dealers lots? I talked my dealer, and he knew nothing about it. Of course he is a smaller dealer, and I don't think they go to the Deere meetings.
    Last edited by ORCM; 12-28-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks
    I put the UniSteer power steering unit the same time I added the Camoplast tracks. It works perfect!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast