Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas or water in oil

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GJD View Post
    Does anyone know what the flashing light code is or indicates for engine trouble on a Gator? My 620i engine "trouble light" flashes one long and five short flashes when I start it and while it is running.
    Are you sure it is 5 short? Manual only comes up with 1 long and up to 3 short only.

Thanks

Customer service is no customer service

Just received a call from a customer service "supervisor" relative to my issues with gas in the crankcase oil. This call came several days after my initial call to seek assistance with this problem and the associated costs and issues described in an earlier post. The "supervisor" just spouted the same rhetoric as the initial customer service rep I spoke with except that she was quick to pawn the costs and issues off on my dealer. She indicated that they, ie JD did not tell the dealer what to charge for parts and labor. She basically indicated that maybe, since it is out of warranty, I should just have the dealer change the sensors. When I indicated that if that did not work because "the tolerances between the sensor and the throttle body were so close that JD did not recommend just changing the sensors" (as I was told by the dealer) and that did not work then I would be out the sensor work +/- $200 and still then have to go back and do the +/-$1000 dollar repair she had no comment! Does ANYONE from JD actually monitor this forum. If so why do they not speak up. I also indicated that had I known that idling was not a good thing and that operating in an environment that included numerous stops and starts as the nature of the work dictated I would never have purchased this thing. I cannot express my disappointment strongly enough without resorting to profanity so I will just have to leave it at that. DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A BARELY USED TWO YEAR OLD Gator because I have one for sale now!

Thanks
    well, what does the manual say a long and three short flashes indicate?

Thanks
    I just changed fuel pump to one from NAPA (electric fuel pump)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12