Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know about the 1999 6x4 gator with the Kawasaki engine?

Thanks

anyone know about the 1999 6x4 gator with the Kawasaki engine?

does anyone know about the 1999 6x4 gator with the Kawasaki engine? Is it a w wheel 2 rear axel drive and does the bed dump or is it stationary

Thanks
    Welcome to the Gator forum!
    I put this post in a section where it's more visable for you.

Thanks
    Hi, first off welcome to the gator forum, glad to have ya. Secondly I own a 99' 6x4 gator so allow me ellaborate about it alittle. The question about the bed... There should be a lever behind the drivers seat, push it toward the passenger seat and lift and it should open OR if it has a power bed lift the switch is located on the left side of the dash. Top of the switch is raise and the bottom is lower. Now for the wheels driving, when your in 2wd one side of wheels will always drive and when your in 4wd all four wheels in the back drive at the same speed. The front wheels dont drive at all, just for steering. If its in 4wd youll find it alittle interesting to turn since theres hardly any weight in the front. Ill make a video demoing it this week and put it on YoutTube. Ill post the link when I get r on here. Check out some of the pics of myne.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Alright man, got the video made and on YouTube. Click the link I put here and take a gander at it and let me know if you have any questions as I would be happy to answer them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skUijXPSZg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorxuv620i View Post
    Alright man, got the video made and on YouTube. Click the link I put here and take a gander at it and let me know if you have any questions as I would be happy to answer them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9skUijXPSZg
    Awesome Vid!

We gotta make Jakie the official Gator forum mascot! Loves them Gator rides!

Thanks
    Heck ya bud!! lol

Thanks
    Everyone has got to check this out!!!! Its by far the baddest 6x4 Ive ever seen!!!

https://cgi.ebay.com/John-Deere-Gator...item3cb647c7a1

Thanks
    thanks I just bought one online while i was in Afghanistan. it has 600 hours on it. i hope it runs well.

Can you get a winter cab for it?

Thanks
    Yes sir you can!! Curtis makes alot, i mean ALOT of cabs for gators. Heres a link to their website https://www.curtisindustries.net/JohnDeereGator-6x4-4x2/

or im sure if you googled cab for 6x4 gator theirs probably loads of manufactures who make em. Depending on if you want hard or soft sided cabs will vary the price a bit. I like the hard cabs, holds the heat in better. Soft if more of a wind breaker and to keep the snow and stuff off of ya.

Thanks
    I was just given a 1998 unit that has been "stored" for 5 years. Your video answered a ton of my questions, thank you. What I can't find is what type and how much oil for the transmission/gear box. I bought the technical manual and that doesn't list it.

Finding info on the FD620 engine is easy. Question I do have is the stator. The one I have is bad and if i can make this thing run, will go buy a new one and then put some effort into it. Is there anything special I need to know there? Also you mention 2000 hours on your gator in the video ... what is life expectancy if taken care of? Mine has a bit over 1800. I live on 5 acres of redwoods and plan to use it to haul wood up and down the hill as well as trekking up to the neighbors for a beer.

Thanks again, I have a feeling you guys will see me around here a bunch.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast