Thread: Test drove a new 855d at the dealer today

Thanks

Test drove a new 855d at the dealer today

I test drove a new 855D at the dealer today. I thought it had a lot of power in low range,it seemed like it would do well pulling loads. High range also seemed to have plenty of power. One thing I noticed was that when I put it in gear it seemed that it didn't engage til I mashed the accelerator and increased the engine speed. It seemed to jerk a little when it did engage.Is this normal for the 855d, I don't remember the 825i doing this but its been a while since I rode it. I think I am going to wait to see if there will be a rebate in May, the salesman didn't know if there would be a rebate or not .

Thanks
    I haven't driven the 855D, but I have a fair amount of time in an 850D and I now own an 825i. "Mashed" sounds like you're having to rev it quite a bit, and that doesn't seem normal to my experience. In both the 850D and 825i, there is a little bit of a jerk when engaging (which you can learn to control), but nothing major (unless I forget to put it in gear and then move the shifter down before the engine has slowed to near idle ). In fact, mine sometimes will engage with just the high idle speed before the engine warms up.

Wish you luck in getting the rebate in May! Enjoy!

- Steve in CO