Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windshields and reduced vision?

Thanks
    So after everyone has had there windshield installed for a while, would you change it? Is the added dust worth the benefits.. I have had mine for almost a year and have only had it on for about a week when I first got it and hated the dust. So this week I have been playing with it because I have a deer hunt this coming week. So I took the lower section off my kohlpin windshield. This has helped with air flow but I still see more dust..Which really isn't that bad compared to what it was..Just curious if everyone thinks the benefits outway the dust factor..

Thanks
    With no windshield the wind wind hits you from the front. With only a windshield installed a lot of dust and chaff blows up and around from behind. Opening my vented windshield takes care of much of the dust from behind problem but if I close it I'd say you get more crud in the cab than going with no windshield. I have a rear window for winter use and fixed 1/4 doors that blocks anything from blowing in from behind.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I agree with several others. I bought the poly no scratch and now wish I had went ahead with the glass. I'm reluctant to order one because I would like to find a glass that opens completely similar to the factory cab on a Polaris. They have gas shocks on each side and you can open it about 4" at the bottom or swing it fully open to where the glass is almost straight out in front of you for full ventilation. Sometimes Deere has really got their head up their you know whats in my opinion. I guess they want everyone to buy the full factory cab. I'll pass on that one again.

Mike

Thanks
    Allygator, Its really a toss up!! I have the no scratch with tip up on the bottom and the poly rear panal its nice if you get caught out in the rain or at night for the bugs, the dust is bad. I leave mine on summer and winter and eat the dust when its dry and stay dry when its raining.

Thanks
    That's kind of what I was thinking. With the bottom off on mine dust isn't horrible so we'll see.

Thanks
    I have the full poly cab and plastic windshield... with the doors off I cannot run the gator with the windshield bottom closed because it creates a vaccum inside the cab and sucks in dust from everywhere. If you have a rear panel you must run with the bottom of your windshield open or you will have terrible dust. It's similar to only opening the rear window of your pickup truck, all the crap from bed blows in the cab.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    Hey guys...I just ordered the half windshield and was really torn about that decision too. Can't get the half in no-scratch so had to go with the poly. I have visited and heard from some guys that the full windshield causes a lot of dust to swirl in the cab and the half keeps enough air moving through to keep the dust out. What kind of experiences have you had with dust?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123