Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 825i Exhaust pipe issue

Thanks
    Same issue here. I recently ordered the Stealth Exhaust and was very excited to see how much improvement I would see - nothing different which lead me to look harder. I thought this Gator (2012 825i) was oddly loud. After taking off the heat shield I saw, herd and felt the exhaust coming out of this junction where the muffler pipe connects to the exhaust pipe from the motor. From the posts above it appears JD has no answer and I am not interested paying for service if the same issue will occur again putting me back to square 1 to replace again at another service charge. I am going to try the exhaust cement and tape approach myself as described above and if there isn't vast improvement with fixing the obvious leak and the putting the silencer back on - selling this thing as its way too loud for hunting purposes - even embarrassed to ride it in the neighborhood do to the loudness of the exhaust. If anyone else has any advice please let me know as it appears this is a common issue most don't even know about as they just assume the gator is supposed to be that loud.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CentMO3088 View Post
    I had the same thing as missourigator is describing, of course my dealer had never heard of it and didn't seem to excited about even looking at it. Told me to bring it down and leave it and they'd try to get to it in a couple of weeks. It appears to me that the pipe has the wrong bend to it at the engine end and that causes it to be too short for the joint at the muffler to seat completely. I took a 2x4 and did a little careful prying at the bend and that allowed the joint to go together. I haven't had any trouble or didn't see any evidence of anything broke.

Bottom line I was very disappointed in my dealer as this was the first issue I had since taking delivery nearly a year ago. Mine had been loud from the start but I just thought thats the way all of them were.

I'm curious to know who missourigator deals with. I won't mention my dealers name yet because my grandma told me not to say anything if you can't say something nice.

Mike
    Mike, The dealer is Deems Farm Equip. Marshall MO They have recently sold and changed name to Ag Power. It sounds like you have had yours apart I bet if you take those 2 springs off that holds the pipe on and remove the pipe and look at it you will see its broken and thats what changes the bend in it. If you have a small mirror you can examine the pipe without taking it off. As I stated in an earlier post today I have purchased another UTV just because of the noise. I will contact my JD dealer next week on any updates.

Mark

Thanks
    Just did the same and a vast improvement especially with the silencer. Only one issue, after a loop aroudn the neightborhood the muffler/tailpipe cement is smoking pretty bad. I am going to let it sit and see if it possibly just wasnt completely set up but I gave it more time than stated and put a heat gun on it so not sure if this stuff is going to hold up. Also could have just been the adhesive backing cooking off the tailpipe tape. Well see but thanks for the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by dale5387 View Post
    I took the foil cover off used muffler cement, sealed that seam, wrapped it with muffler tape ( very heavy aluminium foil) that did the job.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Mark. I have bought a used farm tractor and a grasshopper mower from Deems. Real good people, just too far away from my place. I bought this gator a little closer to home but it's the only thing I have ever purchased from this Deere dealer, probably will be my last too. I'll have to look at my pipe a little closer when I get time. I had it off when I was "tweaking" on it to make the joint close up and didn't notice anything.

Mike

Thanks
    OK guys just talked to my dealer, JD has came out with a new exhaust pipe that is supposed to fix the problem. The part# AM144601 is the new pipe be sure they install this # and not one of the original ones that they may have in stock. I hope this takes care of some of the exhaust noise.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by missouri gator View Post
    OK guys just talked to my dealer, JD has came out with a new exhaust pipe that is supposed to fix the problem. The part# AM144601 is the new pipe be sure they install this # and not one of the original ones that they may have in stock. I hope this takes care of some of the exhaust noise.
    Will John Deere cover it as a product update or do we have to pay for the new exhaust?

Thanks
    and what Gators are affected ?

Dan

Thanks
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    My 825 is a 2011 and there has never been any charge to me, I do have the extended warr. I dont know if this is considered an update or not or exactly what years are affected. A friend of mine has a 2012 and he has had his replaced twice at another dealer at no charge. If you can hear exhaust noise in front of the muffler I would have your dealer check it out. JD is aware of the problem so dont let them BS you about not knowing anything about it!
    If GATORDONE reads this post he may be able to add some info.

Mark

Thanks
    Does anyone know when the new exhaust pipe started being used in production? Other then opening the foil cover and looking for a leak, is there any way for me to tell if I have the new exhaust pipe?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast