Thread: Street Tires for the 825i

Thanks

Street Tires for the 825i

Just wondering if anyone put street tires on their 825i Gator. I don't use mine very much off road, knew that when I purchased it. My yard has nice grass and don't want to tear it up, plus most of my used is for running up and down the road to the neighbors. Guess I could use the Turf Tires if it can buy them in fourteens, but thinking of something more flashy like BF Goodrich TA Radials in white lettered. Any thought on this.

John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    Those aluminum rims look nice but they really limit your choices for tires.

Thanks
    I ve heard that rims from a ford ranger will fit on your 825i !but not sure?

Thanks
    I have been thinking about a set of 15" wheels and some hard compound compound dirt track tires, like this.
    Hoosier.jpg

Thanks
    My trailer wheels and tires fit my gator. 15" 225 I want to run my old Cragar superlights but I need four 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 4.75 adapters.... We have a golfcart town, and we have a cart too. The gator is a hit but the tires don't like pavement so I run my trailer wheels and tires when familiy is in town and we need both. I'm thinking on replacing the wheel "lugbolts" to grade 8 studs and switching to "lugnuts" like on cars. This would make changing wheels fast and easy.....those "lugbolts" really suck. See if I can post a few pics.... I def need to paint them black.

Just looked through my phone...trying to find all my notes on the wheel and tire thing. Couldn't find em but I remember the stock cherokee has like a 3.75 backspacing and you need a rim with like 2 more inches.. a 5.5 to 5.75 is what I remember... You can remove one wheel and put it face down in the grass, measure from the rim down to the hub...that will tell ya. A set of black steelies with simulated beadlocks and some A/T tires would be really slick.

68A654E0D5F0B44923CFAB0B81F92899.jpg
    Last edited by JimmyMac; 08-11-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks
    Purchased 14" wheels from John Deere. (855D) Now looking for tires.

Found DOT tires from Pure Offroad - ST1 Black Diamond tires
    27-9R -14 & 27-11R-14 on line. Free shipping over $100.

Any feedback?