Thread: 825i fuel filter

Thanks

825i fuel filter

Just ordered a new fuel filter for the yearly change per the manual. I am not very mechanically inclined but according to the manual, this may not be too difficult of a job even for me. Just wondering if anyone has replaced it and can give me any pointers for doing it or if there are any tricks or anything that I need to pay special attention to that is not mentioned in the manual.

Thanks
    Nevermind. Just finished up the job. Piece of cake.

Thanks
    Sorry to bring up an old post but………………How do you change the fuel filter on a 825i? (the one on the right side of the machine on the back frame rail under the bed) Those 2 black plastic tabs…….push/pull i tried…..mine doesn't want to move anywhere!?!?! I tried everything but stopped so i didn't break it!
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2007 Camo Rhino 660 traded in
    2000 Gator 6x4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old post but………………How do you change the fuel filter on a 825i? (the one on the right side of the machine on the back frame rail under the bed) Those 2 black plastic tabs…….push/pull i tried…..mine doesn't want to move anywhere!?!?! I tried everything but stopped so i didn't break it!

They pull out but you will most likely break them. I would make sure you have 2 new plastic locking clips before your pull it apart. Both of mine broke at 1 yr old....glad the parts guys warned me I would probably want replacement clips on hand.

Thanks
    Might be worth getting some metal squeeze clamps as an alternative.

Thanks
    I have not installed a new one yet but you have to release the pressure on the fuel system first.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    How do you release the fuel pressure? Any good way to get the clips out?
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.