Thread: Winch on an 825i

Thanks

Winch on an 825i

I am thinking I am going to put a Superwinch Terra 45 synthetic rope winch on my new 825i. I had one on my 2012 and seemed to work good. I can't remember exactly what winch mount I used but Caimbridge Metals seems to ring a bell. Any thoghts on this set-up? Any better ideas? Maybe they came out with a better winch for the money? I like the looks of the KFI Stealth being all black. Would look a lot better than the bright blue/yellow combo of the Superwinch but i'm not real sure on the brand and they are more expensive.
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    This is my writeup on the SW45 in my 825i using Cambridge Metals mount.

https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/s...3239#post33239
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Nice install now things are coming back to me from the last time I installed one. Any long term issues with it?
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    I used the same install. But, I located my remote switch plug in the bottom of the glove box and added a manual reset.
    Worked great, but have only used it once.
    2013 825i S4

Thanks
    My Terra 45 with synthetic rope is still going strong with no issues. The only thing I'd recommend is to install a winch saver doughnut before you wind on the rope.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires