Thread: 825 rear seats

Thanks

825 rear seats

Hey folks. I've got an 825 and love it. Friends love to go for rides with me, but sitting in the cargo box has not been real comfortable for them. I looked around but didn't like any of the options I found. So I came up with my own idea.

Turns out that the third row seats of a Chevy Tahoe fit perfectly inside the cargo box of the Gator. They already have seat belts, sit at a good height off the floor, and pretty solid since they are designed for automotive use. I put together rough design of how to mount the seats and it seems to work okay. Took my wife and a couple friends for a ride and she said it was great. Next design step is to figure out a quick mount system with steel rails, so more to come. I'll try to post a few pictures.

Thanks

Thanks
    This setup worked extremely well. Problem is....couldn't use the bed for much else, but it did just bolt in.

Thanks
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

The mounting set up is just something temporary to try it out to see if it would work. I used some 2x4's, 1/2" steel rods, and 1/2" pipe mount clamps. The next design revision will use steel channel or square tubing and mount with through holes in the bed. (But I'm open to any fabrication suggestions.). I also would like to fabricate some type of ROPS for the rear seat and bed area.

Thanks
    Sorry folks. Looks like some of the photos are upside down.

I'm trying to post them from my iPad. Can someone tell me the best way to photos from my iPad?

Thanks

Thanks
    Personally I would not try to install a ROPS. Unless you are willing to toss the bed and go to the frame there is no part of the dump bed capable of supporting real protection and passengers will have to be properly secured in their seats (another problem in the dump bed).