Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 825i overhead light wiring and switch

Thanks

825i overhead light wiring and switch

I am trying to figure out the best way to wire my overhead lights for my 825i. I can see a clear line to the battery from the ROPs to the battery to pick up power but I cant see a clear line to get to the dash to wire the switch. Any idea's on the best path to take to to get a switch wired? I was hoping that there might be some thing already there from JD but I didn't see anything.

Any help, pictures, or schematics would be welcome.

Thanks

Thanks
    run it under the cup holder, along the main harness. Or just wire a switch in and hide it in the center console.

Thanks
    I tried to get a fish tape through there but could not work it though. I don't see how to remove the console to make it easier.

Thanks
    Theres 4 expansion fasteners that hold the tunnel cover on. 2 in the cup holder and 2 at the front of the cover.

Thanks
    My dealer sold me 3 switch bank that clamps to the front cross bar on the OPS. This is a JD item, but it is not in the accessory book. Cost me $80.00, but I have 3 sets of mid range lights on top.

Thanks
    John Deere has pre-engineered all the wiring. The power connection for the overhead lights is in the battery compartment, and they want you to buy the switch box which has a harness that reaches to the battery compartment. If you buy the JD accessories, you will have to do it that way unless you modify the factory wiring.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jradue For This Useful Post:

Cujo2019 (12-08-2019)

Thanks
    And they want you to fish the wire through the roll cage rear tube and then across the top front tube. I did this, but it was not fun!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
    And they want you to fish the wire through the roll cage rear tube and then across the top front tube. I did this, but it was not fun!!
    I've asked questions about that, but haven't got a good answer. Is this with the standard cage? Where is the hole in the cage for the wire to come out?

Thanks
    The hole for the standard ops is hidden at the connection point with the horizontal cross bar. It is incredibly frustrating to get the wire through there because the hole is only about 1/2 inch diameter. They could have easily made it 3/4" and the whole process would be easier. Once you get the wiring out of that hole, you are suppose to cable tie it to the outside of the horizontal member and in to the switch box.

Thanks
    Well, I spent 2 hours last night working on fishing the wire for the expansion kit, up into the OPS like they want. I have 3 light kits on top of the cab, 2 in front and one set in rear. The box has places for 3 switches. I install all 3 switches. With the harnesses plugged together and then connected to the power wire, I have no idea how they expect me to get all of the connectors and wiring crammed into that little plastic box. The other issue I have is that there is a rounded groove on the top of the box for the wiring to enter and exit the box. The groove is not large enough to allow for 4 wire harnesses. I am afraid I will break the box if I try to force things together.

Anyone else seen this? Very frustrating.

I am thinking of finding another project box at Radio Shack and making my own box, but larger.

I was also trying to pull the wiring for the deluxe OPS windshield w/wiper (two wires in a separate loom). I would say it is absolutly impossible to pull both. I ended up puting the two wires for the windshield into the loom for the expansion box. That allowed me to only pull one wire loom. The hole is tight, but it can be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast