Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standard snow plows

Thanks

Standard snow plows

Hey guys, got a lot of snow up here in Alberta Canada this last week and has made me start to consider purchasing a snow plow. I always intended on buying one for it. Anyways I had a grizzly 700 two winters ago with a moose utility 60" county plow, push tube mounted centre of machine with provided skid plate replacement, and a swivel mount for blade that turned side to side manually with a winch lift. No electronics, or hydraulics. I'm looking for the same setup with just a standard up down with the winch. Now I see moose utility has a under belly mount for generally the same setup ( but I'd go 72" blade most likely) for the 825i. I'm curious to see if anyone else out there has this moose utility setup and/or another make that is just your standard clip on clip off, winch lift snow plow with no electronics/hydraulics. I know plows with that look amazing however I really don't want to spend over 1000. Thanks guys!

Thanks
    I was in the same boat here 2 weeks ago. Found a used Curtis plow made for a Rhino, receiver mount style. Didn't have time to modify it so I took the front skid plate and driving light plastic fairing off...and put in a Smittybilt 4000 lbs winch....not exactly what I wanted but had to do it quickly. Total cost was $750.00. Anything new that I had found was over $1500.00.

Thanks

Thanks
    Momma and the pooch pushing snow.....

100_9377.jpg
    100_9357.jpg

Thanks
    American Eagle makes a nice plow that uses the winch for lifting as well, I think you can get a 72" V-plow setup and still be out less $$ than the Moose. I used one on my Kubota and will be installing the mount on my Gator to use the V-plow as well. The American Eagle V-plow I bought last year was built very well and are reasonable in price.

Thanks
    Thanks for the pics denisf.
    Jake

Thanks
    How do like the doors and rear window , I was thinking of getting them for my 825i
    Thanks Gator Joe

Thanks
    UPDATE

Sorry it took me awhile to post back on this, but I ended up buying a Quadivator snow plow (www.quadivator.com). Its awesome, its completly universal which means it fits on any machine. It does this by having a telescopic bar underneath the machine that hitches up to the back, and ratchet straps to the front. Now the ratchet strap system sounds kind of silly but i assure you works great and makes putting on and taking off a breeze. Here are some pics, but check out the website for more info. They are made and manufactured I believe in Manitoba.

IMG_2464.jpgIMG_2465.jpgIMG_2467.jpgIMG_2468.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig944 View Post
    UPDATE

Sorry it took me awhile to post back on this, but I ended up buying a Quadivator snow plow (www.quadivator.com). Its awesome, its completly universal which means it fits on any machine. It does this by having a telescopic bar underneath the machine that hitches up to the back, and ratchet straps to the front. Now the ratchet strap system sounds kind of silly but i assure you works great and makes putting on and taking off a breeze. Here are some pics, but check out the website for more info. They are made and manufactured I believe in Manitoba.

IMG_2464.jpgIMG_2465.jpgIMG_2467.jpgIMG_2468.jpg
    That looks like a slick set-up, but I am wondering what the red rope is for???...just curious...I see it there and can't figure out what is does...

Thanx for posting the pics...I appreciate that...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    That looks like a slick set-up, but I am wondering what the red rope is for???...just curious...I see it there and can't figure out what is does...

Thanx for posting the pics...I appreciate that...

Larry in MD

Looks almost like a safety rope for transport in case the winch line breaks...put blade to full lift...then tie it there with a second rope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast