Thread: Typical JD Service?

Thanks

Typical JD Service?

I dropped my Gator off just over a week ago because there were bad sounds/smoke coming from the differentialdriveshaft in the front and it was a warranty claim. Originally they said I would likely have it for last weekend which came and went with no Gator which isn't that surprising...now I'm not able to get any updates either....no communication whatsoever...leave messages and get nada...talk to the service person and get a it's not done yet response but that's it. Is this typical service for a JD Gator? I'm wondering if I just bought mine from a crappy dealer or if I should be thinking about a different brand next time I buy a side by side

Thanks
    That is not the service I get from either of the 2 dealers I use, one in pa for summer - one in NJ for winter.

The PA dealer is a small shop where I bought the Gator and the NJ shop is a large multi site dealer and they can't do enough for customers. Sounds more like a dealer issue than a JD Issue.

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I have never had an issue like that with my dealers either. Mine is a large multi site dealer and I use two of their shops. Never had any issues with them.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    Sounds like some dealer BS. On a warranty covered issue my dealers and others in the area bring a gator for us to use while ours is in the shop. While under warranty they should come pick it up and return it when the work is complete.

Thanks
    I would put it down as just that shop. Maybe even one person.

One JD dealership in my neck of the woods has a parts person that has a "I've never made a mistake" sort of attitude.
    This is not the dealerships attitude or the other parts people.

Thanks
    I guess the next time I break my Gator I'll hunt around for the next closest shop and try them.

Thanks
    I come in contact with many small engine and power sports dealers in my travels and many are struggling to make it go in smaller markets. I have on more than one occasion heard them complain about warranty work not making the shop any money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Z15 View Post
    I come in contact with many small engine and power sports dealers in my travels and many are struggling to make it go in smaller markets. I have on more than one occasion heard them complain about warranty work not making the shop any money.
    I understand warranty work not making them money but without decent service there is no way in heck I'll ever buy more equipment from them either....when I'm talking to my friends I'll be telling them why I won't buy from them again....anybody that asks about the equipment will hear it......that costs a lot more than breaking even on warranty work.