Thread: Gator 825i clutch, 2012 had no EBS, 2013 has it.

Thanks

Gator 825i clutch, 2012 had no EBS, 2013 has it.

I bought a 2012 825i. It has no engine braking to speak of. When decelerating, at maybe 10 mph the clutch disengages and whines while the vehicle fre-wheels requiring me to brake a lot in the trails. Yesterday I drove a 2013 model and it had quite effective Engine braking, slowing the vehicle to 3 mph before the clutch disengaged. I was impressed and wondered what changes in the clutches they did to accomplish this.
    Meanwhile on my 2012, I am attempting to cure the clutch performance shortcomings, including lack of EBS, with a kit from heelclickers. This will include a new zero-force spring, so apparently at engagement it is completely weight-driven. And the weights are adjustable in mass. the kit is supposed to be easy to install, comes with a money back garantee, and will hopefully be here this week. I will run a bunch of before and after tests and measurements and report back here in this thread.
    Has anyone else done anything with the clutch that they feel is worthwhile? A few guys started threads, but I never saw any real conclusions.

Thanks
    I can't help with your questions but I know my 2011 has been in the shop three times for clutch problems. They claimed to have changed it but I suspect not. Without taking the CVT cover off I can't tell but there is certainly no reason for this last time. It sat in the garage for months due to a health issue. When I went to use it I bent the shift handle trying to get it out of gear. I am looking to trade it in for an RSX now. If the dealer doesn't hurry up I may trade it for another brand.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    I can't help with your questions but I know my 2011 has been in the shop three times for clutch problems. They claimed to have changed it but I suspect not. Without taking the CVT cover off I can't tell but there is certainly no reason for this last time. It sat in the garage for months due to a health issue. When I went to use it I bent the shift handle trying to get it out of gear. I am looking to trade it in for an RSX now. If the dealer doesn't hurry up I may trade it for another brand.
    Just got my 2011 825 back after being in the shop for over a month. Needed a new pressure regulator, Cam sensor, and clutch....none of which was covered by Deere. Not very happy...

Thanks
    What can go wrong that you'd need a whole clutch? Wouldn't individual parts be available?

Thanks
    The clutch kit came saturday, bu I didn't have time to install it. Guessing by the number of optional ways the flyweights can be configured, and factoring in the new spring, there are about a hundred different effects that can be obtained with this kit. The manufacturer set it up in the way he thinks I will like, but included three other weight balls, plus two other size slugs, plus the zero-preload spring. I will begin experimenting this week, and make notes and post here.
    Last edited by jimgerken; 09-30-2013 at 08:48 AM.