Thread: Anyone else put a 13hp Honda in a TS?

Thanks

Unhappy Anyone else put a 13hp Honda in a TS?

Hi guys, im new to the forum and new to gators.

Some friends of mine asked me to check out why their ts stopped running. Well after finding the hole in the crankcase and pieces of the rod it was easy...

Anyway, I have a Honda gx390 13hp engine without electric start, is there anyway I can (cheaply/simply) use the original starter motor, and mount, from the Kawasaki fj400d?

I also have access to a 4x2 with a running fj290, which is a smaller motor, but the throttle action is opposite of the fj400d. And the ts starts when you push the gas, the 4x2 has a starter button.

If there is another thread on this topic I would love to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks
    I think you're in for a lot of work trying to get the Kawasaki starter to work on a non electric start Honda. Does the flywheel of the Honda even have a gear ring? Converting from a step on the gas pedal to start to a key start is not a big issue. It's done frequently when swapping engines and souping-up golf carts. First thing I would check is the output shaft of your possible donor engines and see if the drive clutch will fit.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    NO and if you do you just cut the resale value of it in half!!! Stay with Kawasaki.