Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your gator loud?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Got the silent rider today. Easy installation, and it reduced the noise by about 50%. No more of that "dirt bike" sound. I am pleased.
    Any performance difference? I think you have to drill holes in your exhaust shield to mount it right? I was checking with them since amazon.com has got their listings messed up..stating the 850 model works on the 825.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Also, does the silencer interfere with the cargo bed dump capability? Pics please.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    around 170.00. Not sure on the 850i. Google silent rider and go to their webpage and it should be listed

Thanks
    In reading some reviews on the silent rider I noticed that they said the reduction in noise was hardly noticed and certainly not worth the $170.00.

Thanks
    I put a chrome tip on mine with a slant cut..seemed to help quite a bit...JB.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerbob49 View Post
    In reading some reviews on the silent rider I noticed that they said the reduction in noise was hardly noticed and certainly not worth the $170.00.
    Mule seemed to like it..not sure how we measure 50% but a positive review.
    Al

Thanks
    I put a silent rider muffler on my 825i. Best investment yet! I put the 855D clutch weights and spring in my 825i clutch. This mod lowered the engine rpms by 1000rpms throughout the entire range. Clutch now engages at 1600 rpm. $23 in parts. The only hard part was shortening the weights by .250" so they would fit into the clutch housing without rubbing. This is how the Gator should have come from the factory.

Thanks
    How does it drive throughout the speed range? Have you tried pulling a trailer since you changed the weights in the clutch? I'm curious how it affected the pulling torque. There's got to be a reason Deere has it reving high when driving slow. I always thought it was for towing ability.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    How does it drive throughout the speed range? Have you tried pulling a trailer since you changed the weights in the clutch? I'm curious how it affected the pulling torque. There's got to be a reason Deere has it reving high when driving slow. I always thought it was for towing ability.
    This is my thought. It would be to maximum pulling power for a workhorse vehicle as a opposed to a speedhorse.

I am about ready to get the silent rider too.
    Al

Thanks
    I have pulled my 16' landscape trailed loaded with wood. I always use low range for pulling, and havn't seen any performance issues. I believe the Silent Rider actually gives me more torque down low. The fuel consumption has been cut way down with the new weights. I think the Silent Rider did take some power away at 40 mph+ (top end). It still goes 45 easily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast