Thread: Rear Hitch Cargo Carrier

Thanks

Rear Hitch Cargo Carrier

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you who own the JD Gator 825i have purchased a cargo carrier rack that attaches to the rear 2" hitch? Which carrier did you purchase? Can the folding cargo carriers be used with the Gator 825i or does the rear bumper not allow the carrier to be tilted up? Not interested in the hood rack at this time.

Thanks,

FredSG

Thanks
    I know alot of people including myself have made or purchased a hitch extension mine is out of 2" steel with another 2"welded to it and then the reciver welded to that to extend the hitch to the rear bumper and raise it a few inches then u could use any carrier rack and fold it when not needed or just put the rack on the front hitch either way it would work

Thanks
    Hi Osiris.

Thanks for the reply. Any chance to see a photo of your set up using a rear hitch carrier. That would be very much appreciated.

FredSG

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    Harbor freight hitch.jpgGator front top.jpgDavids WT doe high line blind 12.15.13.jpg

I use the double hitch I bought at Harbor Freight so that I can use my cargo carrier and my hitch feeder at the same time. The cargo carrier on the front of my Gator I also got at Harbor Freight, it is rated for 300lbs and has a 45 degree offset to it. I use them both a lot at our deer lease here in Texas.

David in Texas

From another post...

https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...s4-gator-hitch

I did the same thing on my 825i just for a different reason. I use my Gator for hunting mainly. To make it easier to load what I kill, I use a cargo rack to load the animals on. But, I also use a tailgate feeder to throw corn out at certain locations on our Hunting Club. I didn't want to damage my tailgate so i mounted the feeder on a hitch bracket. So now I use the dual receiver hitch with the feeder in the top receiver and the cargo hauler in the bottom receiver. I got my receiver from Harbor Freight for $30.

https://www.harborfreight.com/dual-hi...der-69881.html

David in TX
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skillet23; 09-21-2014 at 03:11 AM.
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -